Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE in NC

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great match! As a CPA this time of year Saturday is a work day. Went in super early so I could get my work done. Dean and the crew were really nice - got there after everyone had finished a stage. No problem, the team ran it for me after the match was over.

I have to figure out how I can get a 6th speed loader holder on the belt - one (large) stage ate my lunch and I ran out of ammo...

Hey, my favorite stage is still the one that I trouble with the steel = John Z Sr was picking up my speedloaders, reloading them and handing them to me.............. ok, dead dick I'm not!

Great match today, as always, Dean, thanks to you and Bev for all your hard work, we do appreciate you both. Now for the bad news, John Z sr now has a GLOCK, that's right, GLOCK 21. At least it's a .45. It must have come bad from the factory, 'cause the moonclips won't fit in the bottom

Great match today, as always, Dean, thanks to you and Bev for all your hard work, we do appreciate you both. Now for the bad news, John Z sr now has a GLOCK, that's right, GLOCK 21. At least it's a .45. It must have come bad from the factory, 'cause the moonclips won't fit in the bottom

Are you sure you can handle counting higher than 6?

Edited by johes

Folks, that was seriously fun, and it was a beautiful day to boot - even got some sunburn on my face. In February! I was beginning to think I'd never see the sun again. If you're in the area, have a revolver, but haven't been, come on out! We're lucky to have a regular ICORE match close by.

Many thanks to Dean & Beverly for their hospitality & efforts to put on a relaxed but challenging match. And to John Z, too, for helping to get the word out.

Tom

Enjoy your victory Tom, you earned it. Next month I just might get my head out of my ,,,, and try to use the little bumpy thing on the end of the barrel and see what happens, unless of course Dean sets up a few Johnny hoser stages and suckers me in. You all owe Dean some gratitude, as he is kind enough to let you see how NOT to shoot a stage by giving me the opportunity to make a fool of myself in new and exciting ways each and every month. And yes, I am the reason for the shortage of "MIKE" pasters that we now have in the ICORE community.

John - you need to stop giving good & free advice at the matches. :roflol:

You absolutely smoked me on raw time, but I listened to your helpful advice, picked up some As, and...just...barely...squeaked...past you at the wire. :devil: Even so, no one was more surprised than me at the final tally.

Edited by GrandBoule

Hey John, you don't get all the credit for showing what not to do, like not engaging all the targets fumbling reloads,etc. But at least I gave you guys a few laughs. I know this is the ICORE forum but are you guys going to Dean's for IDPA Sunday?

Hi guys! It was great seeing everyone this past weekend at Caswell Ranch. Don't you just have a great time shooting at Dean's? Thanks to you all for being gracious enough to let me get in some practice even though I wasn't shooting a revolver. I know that made me the oddball in the group, HA! I'm no competition for you guys anyway, I just love to shoot! :lol: Hope eventually I'll get to a point where I don't run out of ammo in a 28 round stage when I'm loaded with 34 rounds at the start, but still have two targets left to engage at the end and no more bullets! And thanks again to Dean & Beverly for giving us a wonderful venue at which to shoot on the weekends. I'm very much looking forward to the IDPA match this Sunday...

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be there Joe, this time I'm going to leave the trigger finger in 2nd gear and look at the front sight, not as much fun, but my scores seem to be better

It's amazing how that little bump on the top helps isn't it?