Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forums Board At Uspsa

Rob Boudrie installed a forums type discussion board for USPSA. It seems that the previous upgrade of the member's page did not work for all types of computers and software, so Rob went back to the old style for member's comments. The forums type of discussion is much better for tracking posts by subject, so Rob installed an optional forums page for those members whose computers are able to use this type of system.

Way to go, Rob!

Arnie

You got that right Lynn. It aint the trigger. ;)

Not a lot of people have signed up yet as it is just getting started. It asks for your E-mail address and USPSA number but I don't think it uses either to authenticate. Many boards send your login information to the E-mail address you provide. This one just logged me in after signing up. Lets see where it goes. Hopefuly it will not degenerate into what the USPSA "guest book" has become. (Unknown shooters should be unheard shooters) :ph34r:

(Unknown shooters should be unheard shooters)

I can't agree more with that!

I think the USPSA forums are a much better idea than what they are currently using. This way people can rant away with their pet topics and we can easily ignore the topic completely, based on the title.

It will require a "room temperature IQ" or higher to navigate (*a really good thing*) the boards to register and post. If someone cannot figure it out they probably should not contribute anyway!

The illusion that there will not be anonymous posters is basically that ... an illusion. Even if they go to the e-mail registration process it is far too easy to defeat.

Unless they are able to instill some semblance of order or respect nobody with anything worthwhile to contribute will wade through the garbage to bother posting there.

Leo