Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CLUB WORK DAYS

eak

I am going to try to start this without sounding like a ranting tyrant. We had a work day for a one of our local clubs

saturday and as usual the same faces are there doing all that needs doing, i had my clubs work day two weeks ago and it was the same old thing. How can you have a sixty member club and have 15 people show up i just do not get it. I love this sport and don't mind the work and time away from my family but it really is getting old. Do these people realize this is a VOLUNTEER SPORT!!!!!. Any ideas please, and sorry for the negativity i am just frustrated. Ed K.

Man, your lucky to get 15. We run 10 or less with a similar size club. I must admit I work every other weekend but am there on my weekends off before a match and have used a full day's vacation a couple of times to help also. Some people enjoy the sport but not the work. Personally I would like to see a discount to the shooters who help out but all that does is take money out of the clubs pocket.. Helpers names in a hat, drawing for prizes at the mid / end of the year maybe.... Right now you would probably get all kinds of help if you could raffle off some primers!!!!

Edited by NoSteel

Man, your lucky to get 15. We run 10 or less with a similar size club. I must admit I work every other weekend but am there on my weekends off before a match and have used a full day's vacation a couple of times to help also. Some people enjoy the sport but not the work. Personally I would like to see a discount to the shooters who help out but all that does is take money out of the clubs pocket.. Helpers names in a hat, drawing for prizes at the mid / end of the year maybe.... Right now you would probably get all kinds of help if you could raffle off some primers!!!!

I never thought of that.lol.

Our club gives credit towards membership for volunteer work by club members. The last few major matches we have hosted (IDPA, IPSC, Toys for Tots, Glock), we had tons of volunteers for set-up and during the matches. I think we actually had a waiting list of volunteers for the Glock Match back in August.

Some of our local clubs REQUIRE members to put in a certain amount of work hours. I think this is the best policy. This is another example of the good old 10% rule that applies to every volunteer organzation I have ever been part of.....10% of the members do 90% of the work.

Edited by larry cazes

This thread was closed because the content/topic was judged not to be in line with the rules of the Hate Forum. (mostly likely politics or shooting related..which are out of bounds)

Please review what you are..ahhh...allowed to hate. :)

Hate Forum Rules:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097

[note: this is a generic reply]