Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm+p reduced?

I got a lot of 9mm +p 124 REM Golden Saber a freind gave me but I dont want to shoot it through my Browning HP. I was thinking of pulling the bullet, weighing the charges and then taking off 1-2 gains of powder and reseating. I could just dump the powder and use another, which would be a good one? I just want something to shoot, not looking to make a power factor, just want it to work. Ideas? I've heard about changing the recoil spring and using a buffer but the C&S shop says not to shoot +p!

I got a lot of 9mm +p 124 REM Golden Saber a freind gave me but I dont want to shoot it through my Browning HP. I was thinking of pulling the bullet, weighing the charges and then taking off 1-2 gains of powder and reseating. I could just dump the powder and use another, which would be a good one? I just want something to shoot, not looking to make a power factor, just want it to work. Ideas? I've heard about changing the recoil spring and using a buffer but the C&S shop says not to shoot +p!

Easier solution-

Trade it locally for components. That is high dollar ammo and should trade easily.

+1 to Ninefan's suggestion. That is a quality self-defense load that is currently in short supply. If you don't want to shoot it (and I have no idea why you wouldn't shoot it in your HP) then swap it for at least twice the number of bare bulets (start negotiations at four times and go down from there)... but you should be able to barter that ammo into something else.... know a store that sells reloaded ammo?... you have gold in your hands. Trade it wisely.

Chris Christian

If I can pull them and get 115gr FMJ then I'll trade but havent found anyone to do it but the original question was whats a good powder?

The question of a powder to use is not being answered because we are trying to tell you not to do anything to the cartridges. The powder in the cartridges is probably a canister lot not available for resale and no one (or at least me) wants to tell you it would be safe to remove some of the powder and reload the bullet.

If you don't want to follow the suggestions then I'll trade you straight up primed Winchester cases and Precision Delta bullets for the loaded cartridges and use them in my carry Glock 26. :cheers:

I could just dump the powder and use another, which would be a good one? I dont understand what's hard about the question! Let me put it another way, I have primed cases, I have 124gr bullets, I'm missing the powder, what powder does anyone recommend for these bullets that will also work good with say..115gr FMJ?

I could just dump the powder and use another, which would be a good one? I dont understand what's hard about the question! Let me put it another way, I have primed cases, I have 124gr bullets, I'm missing the powder, what powder does anyone recommend for these bullets that will also work good with say..115gr FMJ?

The point you're missing is that it's such a waste to disassemble such fine personal defense rounds.

That said, Power Pistol or VV350

Edited by Lonely Raven

• 4 weeks later...

What state are you in? If you're nearby,

I'll trade you Remington 115 gr FMJ factory

loads round for round - how many rounds

do you have?

9mm +P Golden Saber is selling for $21.95 for 25 rounds at Ammunition to Go. That is 88 cents per round. You can sell that ammunition and buy components to make almost 10x more practice 9mm rounds at that price. Also it would be a lot less work than pulling that many bullets.