Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR SPEED UNIVERSAL COMPETITION MAG POUCH

STIGUY

Need to obtain some mag pouches and wanted to know your thoughts on the CR Speed Pouch. And would three be enough or do I need perhaps four. Plan to use these in Limited. THANKS

There are lots of threads on this already. Suggest you do a search. But... CR Speed, Douple Alpha, Ghost and Safariland all make good pouches. I use the for mer two. Three is good. Some guys wear 4 but the last one toward the back is often empty.

I like the CR's a little better than the rest, if you'll sacrafice a little speed, I'd also consider Comp Tac (slower because they ride a lil closer to the body) but they are IDPA legal and not as tight as the SKD's. And for the same reason I'd get four - you may shoot Pd or IDPA at some point where 4 is the min for PD and both the CompTacs and SKD's are IDPA legal (limited to two). For staying in USPSA, I like the Rescomp's though (CR).

Jon

two is enough if you have a standard one, I have two cr speeds and a bladetech double farther back for my barney .

True that 2 pouches should be enough but. I have seen guys take off running and loose 2+ mags from there belt, I have seen guys dump a mag on the first shot, i've even seen guys bear down on there grip so hard they press the mag release.

I personally run 4 cr speed pouches in Lim and Open. In Lim-10, PRO, and SS I would run atleast 5 if not 6.

THANKS.....off to EBAY I go to get the three.......

before you throw ebay some money. Take a look at the sponsors on this sight.

Shootersconnection has always been really good to me.

Exactly chuck at Shootersconnection and all the forum dealers are great to work with and they even sponsor the sport, Give back to those who help us out.