Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kimber Holster For L-10?

D.Hayden

I tried the search, using 1911, Limited, Holster - but I couldn't figure out how to put multiple search criteria in... I'm sure this has been covered, just can't find it.

I want to move to a 'race' type holster for a Kimber single stack 5" barrel, and I'd like some recommedations.. Thanks, Dave

Although after today's match - maybe I should rethink :wacko:, and spend the money on lessons :rolleyes:

Allmost any race holster will work with a 1911. Safariland, Limcat, Ghost and CRspeed are they major players. Any of them can be set up to work with a 1911. What you need to decide which locking system works best for you. Try a few different ones that people may have at your local clubs. Search the forums to see what people think about a particular brand. Brian said that the Safariland 010 is coming back. That is a great race holster to start out with. I still use one for my singlestack.

Erik-

Thanks Erik..

I didn't realize they all fit that same... with that in mind there's tons of information out there.

I saw Brians post about the 010, no word on the Safariland or Holsters.com, or Brians site yet... thanks again...

It won't be any quicker than your Kydex rig and you'll drop your gun on the ground at least once, but hey, you'll have a "race holster." 

I was going to say something along those same lines.

What is wrong with your Kydex? What kind of draw times (at what distance) are you getting now?

The race holster is great for one thing:

Convincing yourself that you can go faster.

I can draw my Beretta out of a wilson holster just as fast as the Caspian/cr speed rig.

BUT...this didn't happen til I achieved the .69 from the cr speed.

The brain needs permission to do this, and many are convinced it's not possible out of a "normal" holster. They are wrong.

Same thing on positioning. If it's comfortable, it's fast.

The draw is funny, you work and work, and try and try, then you do a .8 one day and wonder what the big deal was. You gotta work and then let go and just do it.

SA