Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Detailed Ghost Holster Instructions?

Bigpops

I own two Ghost holsters now and received the instructions that came with them. The instructions are VERY basic. I am seeking information on more detailed instructions, such as the adjustments/purpose of the 3 white screws, assembly of the lock mechanism, gun fit, etc.

Anyone have a clue where I may find this info? I have searched multiple places. I would hate to screw things up by simply tweaking here and there.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

I own two Ghost holsters now and received the instructions that came with them. The instructions are VERY basic. I am seeking information on more detailed instructions, such as the adjustments/purpose of the 3 white screws, assembly of the lock mechanism, gun fit, etc.

Anyone have a clue where I may find this info? I have searched multiple places. I would hate to screw things up by simply tweaking here and there.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Ditto here....I recently bought a used Ghost and downloaded the instruction manual from the manufacturer's Web site (http://www.ghostinternational.com/)...took a while to find so I've attached it for future reference.

Did a search here and other relates sites but haven't found any good tips re proven setups, etc....

Barry

Ghost_Ultimate_Manual.pdf

Edited by dbarrym

I've had mine for two years and am very pleased with it.

I to did not find a whole lot of information from the instructions.

But since I own an awesome set of tools and just enough mechanical talent to be dangerous . . . well I took mine apart . . . just to see how it worked. . . .

So here we go

The first white set screw, inside where the front of your trigger guard rests . . . after setting you pistol in the first time you need to determine if that screw needs to go in to seat the frame deeper to get the ball bearing to catch the trigger guard and the spring lock on the opposite side or to back it out to get a snug fit when you throw the lock.

The second white set screw that rests under the pistols dust cover is set to adjust so the frame does not rock back and forth.

The two set screws at the end of the holster limit side to side movement.

As with all things always make sure the gun is unloaded and then it's just a matter of test and adjusts till your comfortable with how tight or loose you like it.

As for the lock lever

I adjusted mine so that my middle finger hits the lock lever as I go for the grip, and on full lock I can hit it with my thumb. Practice and then use a bit of thread lock (made for plastic) to keep any of those little set screws from moving.

p.s. there are two very important things you must know prior to working on your ghost holster. . . .

#1. . . . All of the hardware is Metric . . . don’t be shoving standard sized wrenches in to those little socket set screws . . . you will trash them

#2 if you decide to take off the front plate . . . don’t loose the little spring for the frame lock that lurks inside. . .

One other comment on the Ghost. I've had the little plunger that sets behind the ball freeze up in the brass sleeve that it's designed to slide through.

There is a *very* fragile spring under the plunger and then the ball sets on top of the plunger. You'll need to take that apart from time to time and clean it up with soap and water, and check the spring (btw, I've heard you can change it out for varying weights to allow more or less tension on the ball, but not tried it) to make sure it's not rusting and or broken. Then I cleaned off all the flashing from the molding process on that plunger and then sprayed it with a *dry* lube. Put it back together and it works great.

If you find that the ball doesn't pop in and out as it should, you'll need to make the above change.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks guys. This is helpful. I do have another question though for someone that has one of these holsters. I see two 45 degree flats on the trigger guard pin. It would appear the trigger guard housing slides over these flats when inserting or removing the gun. I assume the trigger guard pin should rotate so it can be in a working position or a locked position as needed. My pin does not rotate at all. When actuating the locking lever, the flats the trigger housing would ride over are turned at an angle to the trigger guard all of the time. The gun will not seat into the holster with the pin not moving. Am I missing something here or what? Some clarification would be helpful. Thanks.