Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggested Rule Modification for Poppers

Jadeslade

Kinda but allows for a calibration check of a downed popper.

In my book that would solve 99% of the issues, but we need to limit when, where and how many time it can be used. I thought my proposition covered it nicely, but what the hell? I'm for anything that makes it better without out making it arbitrary.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my book that would solve 99% of the issues, but we need to limit when, where and how many time it can be used. I thought my proposition covered it nicely, but what the hell? I'm for anything that makes it better without out making it arbitrary.

You mean the challenge card? I like the idea, but what about if it happens again?

You mean the challenge card? I like the idea, but what about if it happens again?

With one exception (Tulsa '06) how often have you heard about a shooter having multiple popper problems? If it occurs more than once in one match, someone needs to be going to see the chronoman....

I honestly think that with rear falling poppers you take care of 99.99% of any problems by doing the knuckle rap on the popper when you set it. My knuckle tap chronoed at a 110 PF and has never let me down. The only time I have seen a problem is when the reset crew is in too big of a hurry and does not check poppers when they stand them up.

With one exception (Tulsa '06) how often have you heard about a shooter having multiple popper problems? If it occurs more than once in one match, someone needs to be going to see the chronoman....

Yeah-probably true at Nationals, but what about other matches? I like the idea.

I honestly think that with rear falling poppers you take care of 99.99% of any problems by doing the knuckle rap on the popper when you set it. My knuckle tap chronoed at a 110 PF and has never let me down. The only time I have seen a problem is when the reset crew is in too big of a hurry and does not check poppers when they stand them up.

This is true and we see this, especially when I am the only one resetting poppers for you, but my knuckle rap is only 75PF. Maybe a PF hammer?

I don't think the problem is chronic. I think for the most part our crews and calibrations are pretty good. I also think the rules we have in place are pretty solid as well. This is for when the rules come up a little short. It's a case of not throwing the baby out with the bath water. I don't want to throw out what we have, only enhance it slightly...

To answer your question, if it happened twice to the same shooter the old rules would take over after the card had been used.

JT

Edited by JThompson