Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ready Tactical DOH Holster

X-MAN

I just picked up my Ready Tactical DOH for my Glock 24 on Tuesday. I've had the chance to do a few hundred draws and I like it. The only complaint I have is that the belt loop isn't curved and creates a gap between the belts on my CR Speed rig creating some instability. Probably an easy fix if I had a heat gun, but I don't. Otherwise it's great for the price.

Has anyone compared the ready tactical DOH with the USPSA model?

It sounds like the USPSA model is just offset out a bit with no drop.

I planned on switching to a DOH-type holster and CR speed belt for next season, but have not nailed down which model holster to go with yet.

Thanks,

Steve

The difference in the 3 offerings is:

DOH - fully dropped and offset to the extent legal within USPSA production division

USPSA - wide belt loop (offset) to set the gun away from the body a bit but with no drop

IDPA - thinner belt loop to prevent daylight from showing through holster belt loop, when on belt, as required by IDPA rules.

The only complaint I have is that the belt loop isn't curved and creates a gap between the belts on my CR Speed rig creating some instability.

You can take a piece of velcro and put on the inside of the holster loop to help with this. I've got no experience with this personally, but if you have no heat gun, I have heard some say you can hang the holster by a piece of wire into a pot of boiling water for a few minutes and soften the loop to the extent it can be reformed for a tighter fit. Heard one guy say he even put his in the microwave oven. YMMV.

The difference in the 3 offerings is:

DOH - fully dropped and offset to the extent legal within USPSA production division

USPSA - wide belt loop (offset) to set the gun away from the body a bit but with no drop

IDPA - thinner belt loop to prevent daylight from showing through holster belt loop, when on belt, as required by IDPA rules.

Thanks Chris,

I will definitely order from you when I decide to go ahead.

Steve

I modified my BT DOH using black hard rubber faucet washers to move the holster away from the hanger eliminating the thumb problem. It moves the holster out from the hanger but still complies with the maximum allowable distance from the belt. You may need longer Chicago screws with thw spacers. They are available at Home Depot or Lowe's. Hope this helps.

The only complaint I have is that the belt loop isn't curved and creates a gap between the belts on my CR Speed rig creating some instability.

You can take a piece of velcro and put on the inside of the holster loop to help with this. I've got no experience with this personally, but if you have no heat gun, I have heard some say you can hang the holster by a piece of wire into a pot of boiling water for a few minutes and soften the loop to the extent it can be reformed for a tighter fit. Heard one guy say he even put his in the microwave oven. YMMV.

Thanks, Chris...that idea came to me today.

BTW...thanks for the fast shipping on my orders! I got my extra basepad today, and my previous order took less than 48 hours to arrive at my door!