Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production rule question?

Rowdy-Finn

Was going to take a buddy to a local match and let him try it with a G35 I've got. For production is there a round limit for mags? Can the mags have an extended basepad? I shoot L or L10 and am not up on the production rules. Thanks!!

10 rounds and scored minor. The base plates may not matter at a local match, but rules say should fit in box (i.e.e no extended plates).

If he's just trying the gun or the sport out, why not load them all the way and enter in Limited?

Was going to take a buddy to a local match and let him try it with a G35 I've got. For production is there a round limit for mags? Can the mags have an extended basepad? I shoot L or L10 and am not up on the production rules. Thanks!!

10 rounds and scored minor. The base plates may not matter at a local match, but rules say should fit in box (i.e.e no extended plates).

If he's just trying the gun or the sport out, why not load them all the way and enter in Limited?

That's a good idea. He'll maybe have more fun that way as he's new to the sport.

No base pads.

Flex, based on the new revisions to the Production rules, base pads are specifically allowed if they fit in the box.

From NROI Interpretation for the Production Division Equipment Rules

(Appendix D4), June 25, 2009

21.7 (New) Magazines Prior restrictions on magazines have been

lifted. OEM and aftermarket magazines and

base-pads may be used. However, any and

all magazines used in competition, must fit

into the USPSA box while empty and

inserted in the handgun as described in item

7 of this appendix. Grip tape and/or skate

board tape are specifically allowed on

magazines and base-pads

Curtis