Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Infinicoat

sincityshooter

I'm looking into getting my SV open gun Infinicoated. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on this finish? I heard it's a Titanium Aluminum Nitride (something like that) finish that has an incredible rockwell rating. Since hard chrome will void the SV warranty I'm leaning towards this finish.

• 1 year later...

Where does one find info on the finish and what it looks like?? I scoured Infinity's website, to no avail.

And why, pray tell, does chroming the gun void the warranty?? The way they've written the warranty clause in the owner's manual suggests that any modification from it arrived from the factory voids the warranty, anyhow, but.... Could it be that they want you to pay them for their proprietary finish instead?? Or is there a real reason???

Hmmmmm......

give me your e-mail and I can forward you some pics that Brandon Strayer just sent me. I was inquiring on getting my "new" used open gun chromed and he's pointing me in the Infinicoat direction. if you do a search on "Infinicoat", there's a post that describes what it is. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has had it for a while and how well it's holding up under normal conditions.

Kodiak Precision had two guns in what I believe is the Infinicoat. I got to see them sometime back. I think Don kept one as a personal item. It was a very very cool finish. If you have questions about it you might call Don @ Kodiak Precision.

http://www.kodiakprecision.com/

There is a picture of one on his front page. It looks like it has a light rail on it also.

Kodiak's gun is one mighty fine looking piece of equipment.

Titanium Nitride in most of its forms has been used on high wear high friction parts for quite a long time. There is not a competitive motorcyclist out there that does not have TiNi on their suspension parts (fork sliders and shock shafts). My assumption is that it will be a great coating for weapons.

Craig

• 3 months later...