Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Solo 1000 / 124gr MG CMJ Load Question

Paul Burtchell

I just ran out of Titegroup and can't find any locally. I do have a supply of Solo 1000. I have tried Solo 1000 at 4.2grains with a MG CMJ loaded to 1.143 with Federal primers. It was a great load with my new S&W M&P Pro, and I really preferred it to 4.0 grains of Titegroup BUT, I had a couple of times in testing that the slide did not lock back on the last round. No such issues with the Titegroup.

I would like to bump the load up to 4.4 but, I cannot find any data on the forum or anywhere else to support that it would be safe??

Anyone gone up to 4.4 with Solo 1000 with a 124 grain jacketed bullet??

Edited by baerburtchell

I just ran out of Titegroup and can't find any locally. I do have a supply of Solo 1000. I have tried Solo 1000 at 4.2grains with a MG CMJ loaded to 1.143 with Federal primers. It was a great load with my new S&W M&P Pro, and I really preferred it to 4.0 grains of Titegroup BUT, I had a couple of times in testing that the slide did not lock back on the last round. No such issues with the Titegroup.

I would like to bump the load up to 4.4 but, I cannot find any data on the forum or anywhere else to support that it would be safe??

With my Trojan, I'm using MG 124 JHP with 4.5 gr of Solo 1000. With 11 shots the average fps is 1045. My AOL is 1.40.

YMMV,

A.T.

Edited by atbarr

Very timely question as I am going to load some 124 MG CMJ's this week to chrono. I was running 4.3 TG in my PRO and was going to load the same in solo 1000. I am at 1.135 oal. I am focusing on switching to 147's but I have a few 1000 124's to use up and they are not grouping at all out of my PRO with TG. 8-10" @25 yards. The gun will put 147's in 3-4".

Very timely question as I am going to load some 124 MG CMJ's this week to chrono. I was running 4.3 TG in my PRO and was going to load the same in solo 1000. I am at 1.135 oal. I am focusing on switching to 147's but I have a few 1000 124's to use up and they are not grouping at all out of my PRO with TG. 8-10" @25 yards. The gun will put 147's in 3-4".

With Zero 147 JHP, I'm using 3.6 gr of Solo 1000 for an average of 929 fps. My AOL is 1.40.

YMMV,

A.T.

Edited by atbarr

Let me know how it goes with the chrono. Thanks in advance.

With my Trojan, I'm using MG 124 JHP with 4.5 gr of Solo 1000. With 11 shots the average fps is 1045. My AOL is 1.40.

YMMV,

A.T.

Thanks, good to know. :cheers: