Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to Trim/Contour WC 47DE basepads?

soundwave

I am looking for the best way to take of some material on the Wilson Combat 47DE .625" basepads. They work perfectly with my magwell, but need some of the front taken down to fit in the box.

I know many have done it with success. How did you do it? What tools did you use?

All advice welcome.

Thanks!

I am looking for the best way to take of some material on the Wilson Combat 47DE .625" basepads. They work perfectly with my magwell, but need some of the front taken down to fit in the box.

I know many have done it with success. How did you do it? What tools did you use?

All advice welcome.

Thanks!

I ran mine over my vertical belt sander for a few seconds. A sanding wheel on a Dremel tool will work too. R,

I ran mine over my vertical belt sander for a few seconds. A sanding wheel on a Dremel tool will work too. R,

That sounds like a plan. I have a Dremel and sanding wheel. Wish I had a vertical belt sander, would be much easier to trim evenly.

Dremel until it fits then a little more. Ya want some wiggle room.

That sounds like a plan. I have a Dremel and sanding wheel. Wish I had a vertical belt sander, would be much easier to trim evenly.

Definitely a good idea. Thanks!

Definitely a good idea. Thanks!

Rocket35 had a great idea for these....use a soldering iron and stiple the bottom of the pad after you've trimmed it to fit. It definitely adds some traction to it and they won't slip in your palm as easily. The best part is it only takes a couple of minutes to do each one. R,