Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slipping In Loose Gravel

MoNsTeR

Start position was hands on the wall. At the beep, you open the door (pull) and move through, to the first shooting position about 5 yards forward and 10 yards to the left. What *I* elected to do, however, was to open the door, break into a sprint, slip on the gravel and fall, ripping a bunch of holes in my left palm and left hip. My post-match relaxation once I got home consisted of pouring hydrogen peroxide on my wounds and swearing like mad.

Ph34r my mad running $k1llz :ph34r:

Be safe... aggressive tread patterns are your FRIEND! :)

I used to wear soccer cleats. I went to the Nationals a few years ago when they were held in Virginia. I dug in hard with the cleats in that fine red Virginia clay and promptly ruptured my Achilles tendon (finished the stage, though!)

Now I wear something a bit less agressive...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice. I'm lucky, all I do is pop ACLs and pop my hips in and out ever once in a while (not a mean feat, lemme tell ya).

I wear football cleats built for linemen (seeing as I was one) that have a lot of little cleats rather than a few big ones. They give you better grip on wood planks, metal surfaces and concrete than regular cleats. I still consider it an aggressive tread pattern, though not as aggressive as some. Better than cross-trainers, anyway.