Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm 115 jhp.....is my oal ok?

N2O5O

I loaded some 115 jhp's, 9mm minor, using an oal of 1.125 from some load data I have. Question is, chambering in a glock 34, kkm barrel the loads chamber fine, gun goes into battery fine but when I eject a dummy you can see where the bullet is just barely touching the rifling. Is this ok? I ran 10 dummies through the gun from a mag and they cycle fine, just the bullet actually tickles the rifling a bit.

Thanks, Joe

I loaded some 115 jhp's, 9mm minor, using an oal of 1.125 from some load data I have. Question is, chambering in a glock 34, kkm barrel the loads chamber fine, gun goes into battery fine but when I eject a dummy you can see where the bullet is just barely touching the rifling. Is this ok? I ran 10 dummies through the gun from a mag and they cycle fine, just the bullet actually tickles the rifling a bit.

Thanks, Joe

I run 'em around 1.10 in my G-34.

I've had good success with MG 115JHP loaded to an OAL of 1.108. Works well in my SP-01 and M&P.

If you are marking the bullet you should back off just a little. It will get tighter as it gets dirty.

5.3 WSF and 4.5 Titegroup both run right at 1155 fps and 131-133 PF, with WSP primers and the OAL at 1.108.

The 115 gr bullets are on the short side so a little shorter OAL is fine.