Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage Critique Request

cyclone336

I am relatively new to both USPSA and IDPA, and this is my first attempt at stage design. I just thought I'd try to do it for fun. Is the attached stage legal for USPSA or have I been playing IDPA too much recently?

Thanks.

Not under current rules. Because you have two strings of fire and it is Comstock, it cannot fit the parameters of a Standards, per 1.2.2.1. Check 1.2.2.1 and make a few changes, including round count and/or a mandatory reload, and you could make it a legal Standards stage.

I can hear the voice of George Jones, who's mentoring me through my CRO course intoning, every time I offer a COF, "What do I have against 1.1.5 (freestyle)?". I had problems because we see courses of fire somewhat like yours at local matches, and even for classifiers that have been grandfathered in, that don't fit the current rulebook. Check the COF design regs in 1.1 and 1.2 carefully and have fun.

Curtis

Edited by BayouSlide

The only thing I can find you need to change to make it legal as written would be to make it Virginia Count, although like BayouSlide I'd add a mandatory reload between the boxes on the second string. If you wanted to leave it Comstock, you could make the shooting area one big box and put a barricade or vision barrier in it somewhere to ensure movement if that's what you wanted.

Perhaps something like this:

Up__Down__All_Around...v2.DOC

• 2 months later...
The only thing I can find you need to change to make it legal as written would be to make it Virginia Count, although like BayouSlide I'd add a mandatory reload between the boxes on the second string. If you wanted to leave it Comstock, you could make the shooting area one big box and put a barricade or vision barrier in it somewhere to ensure movement if that's what you wanted.

Perhaps something like this:

Thanks Gino! That looks like a really good stage.