Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The price of SD ammo!

bbbean

Several years ago, I found an expanding round that fed well in every gun I own, tested well, and came from one of the major ammo manufacturers (ie, no special voodoo bullets), so I bought a case each in .45 and 9mm, figuring that would give me enough to shoot a mag or two of SD ammo through my carry/bedside/desk guns from time to time, and enough to test any new SD guns with at least 100-200 rounds for reliability. Plan worked, and for several years, I haven't had to think about SD ammo.

Until this week. Just got a new EMP in 9mm, and went to grab a couple of boxes to test it, and it turns out that I'm down to the tail end of my several year supply.

The last time I bought SD ammo, it ran maybe a little more than twice the price of FMJ. I think I was paying $20/box of 50 when I could buy range FMJ for $7-9/box of 50. When I looked last night, the cheapest I could find my preferred round was over $1.50 PER ROUND! :surprise: Considering I can buy FMJ for $250-300 case, that $1500+ per case of SD ammo is outrageous! I'm wondering if they wear a mask and hold me at gunpoint when they deliver! :angry2: