Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I saw several bullets that fragmented (including a few of my own) after going through it. It seriously affected some bullets in a negative way. Soft cover should be an impediment to vision not bullet proof.

Fragmented?

Hmmmm...

My .40 PD's went where I put them without problem. Perhaps, as Flex said, they flew between the strips ....

I shot this as the last stage on Friday. Both layers of plastic had a number of round/aligned holes. I did not see any linear tears.

If we use only one layer of the plastic strips, that will make our remaining supply last twice as long; and I think it'll be equally effective as a vision barrier. .

I prefer this set-up to black landscape plastic that we've used in the past.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw several bullets that fragmented (including a few of my own) after going through it. It seriously affected some bullets in a negative way. Soft cover should be an impediment to vision not bullet proof.

Fragmented?

Hmmmm...

My .40 PD's went where I put them without problem. Perhaps, as Flex said, they flew between the strips ....

I shot this as the last stage on Friday. Both layers of plastic had a number of round/aligned holes. I did not see any linear tears.

If we use only one layer of the plastic strips, that will make our remaining supply last twice as long; and I think it'll be equally effective as a vision barrier. .

I prefer this set-up to black landscape plastic that we've used in the past.

We did not have any problems when I was ROing the stage with the strips. We just had to be a little more careful scoring the target though because of the rubber splatter.

One strip would be enough for next time.

We had problems on both days. I was shooting 9 mm 147FMJ. Had a couple rounds of mine that were clearly messed up including one the RO called as a miss because it was too small to be a bullet hole fortunately there was a bit of radius and grease ring. I also taped several other holes that were goofy looking.