Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taurus Tracker .45 ACP

Rather-B-Huntin

A local dealer has a new, old stock Taurus Tracker .45 ACP with 2.5" barrel I'm considering purchasing for use in BUG side events. I'd really like to have either a three inch 625 or 25, or a 325 Night Guard, but the wife just caused me to have to blow $500 in insurance deductibles on her car and my budget is severly strapped. The only experience I've had with Taurus was with a .17 HMR Tracker a few years ago and was a tad less than enthused with the action.

I want a snub .45 because I have a ton of low PF ICORE loads ready to go, and because I'm a cheating bastard and can gain a significant edge by using a moonclip fed gun against guys running snubs and loading with speedloaders and "slow-strips".

Any info and advice appreciated!

A local dealer has a new, old stock Taurus Tracker .45 ACP with 2.5" barrel I'm considering purchasing for use in BUG side events. I'd really like to have either a three inch 625 or 25, or a 325 Night Guard, but the wife just caused me to have to blow $500 in insurance deductibles on her car and my budget is severly strapped. The only experience I've had with Taurus was with a .17 HMR Tracker a few years ago and was a tad less than enthused with the action.

I want a snub .45 because I have a ton of low PF ICORE loads ready to go, and because I'm a cheating bastard and can gain a significant edge by using a moonclip fed gun against guys running snubs and loading with speedloaders and "slow-strips".

Any info and advice appreciated!

I believe that has a ported barrel so welcome to open....

-ld