Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 Cal Schuemann Barrel

RickyH

I was want to know if anyone shoots a Schuemann Hybrid 40 S&W AET barrel and what powder and bullet do you use. Thanks

I shoot a hybrid, non-AET, just about anything works with it... the AET's don't like lead, and some plated, but jacketed seems to work good... Zero, MG, HAP, etc.

I've shot Rainer plated, Berry Plated, Zero jacketed, MG jacketed thru my 2 hybrid non-AET's and they work perfectly.

YMMV,

Alan

My club load is 4.3 to 4.5 grains of solo 1000 over a bear creek Moly 180 gr bullet, at 1.175 oal.

My match load is 4.7 to 4.8 grains of titegroup over a MG, or zero 180 hp also loaded to 1.175.

Both loads run 170- 172 pf at all matches I have been to.

Interstingly different batch of solo yield different results. You have to chrono each new jug.

I am shooting a 5" SV sight tracker with the shuemann AET barrel.

My club load is 4.3 to 4.5 grains of solo 1000 over a bear creek Moly 180 gr bullet, at 1.175 oal.

My match load is 4.7 to 4.8 grains of titegroup over a MG, or zero 180 hp also loaded to 1.175.

Both loads run 170- 172 pf at all matches I have been to.

Interstingly different batch of solo yield different results. You have to chrono each new jug.

I am shooting a 5" SV sight tracker with the shuemann AET barrel.

Thanks waxman that what I'm looking for. I well be shooting a sight tracker with the schuemann AET barrel. anyone else got info.

here is what worked for me out of that gun. BTW I don't think its an AET barrel, I will check to verify.

180 MG CMJ

5.2gr N320

1.2 OAL

200 MG CMJ

4.5gr N320

1.2 OAL

200 lead

4.0gr N320

1.20 OAL

220 lead

3.5gr N320

1.20 OAL

I have some 180 lead but never got around to trying them.

Edited by ormondopen

I was want to know if anyone shoots a Schuemann Hybrid 40 S&W AET barrel and what powder and bullet do you use. Thanks

I shoot a hybrid, non-AET, just about anything works with it... the AET's don't like lead, and some plated, but jacketed seems to work good... Zero, MG, HAP, etc.

I've shot Rainer plated, Berry Plated, Zero jacketed, MG jacketed thru my 2 hybrid non-AET's and they work perfectly.

YMMV,

Alan

AET's don't like plated, but they do like lead if it's sized properly and reasonably hard (nothing crazy). Wil Schuemann shoots mostly lead through his AET barrels.

MG, Zero and even Precision Delta, all 180gr, some JHPs, some FMJ/TMJ. 4.9gr of N320 is in the ballpark with most of the bullets. R,

My BHFF has a 6" AET in it, and it's shot Zeros, MG's, BBI's and Precisions with equal accuracy. I've tested TG, N320, Universal Clays, and Solo 1000 with various mixtures. Any combo of the above will work just fine.

This is my current favorites:

180gr BBI

4.7gr Solo 1000

1.19 OAL

Fed, Win, or Wolf SRP or any of the three's SPP

mixed brass

173pf, get 169pf out of my STI 5"

180 MG FMJ

5.2gr N320

1.20 OAL

Fed, Win, or Wolf SRP or any of the three's SPP

mixed brass

172pf, get 168pf out of my 5".

I shoot two SVs 40s. One has a non AET Schuemann for practice and the match gun has an AET gain twist TiN barrel without the fluted chamber. They both do very well with Zero 180s FMJs or JHPs at 1.160" over around + or - 5.0 grains of N320 (velocity adjusted for your barrels).

MGs are good as are Precision Bullets BUT the PBs may not do well in the gain twist barrel, the longer/heavier ones seem to shoot better...

I shoot two SVs 40s. One has a non AET Schuemann for practice and the match gun has an AET gain twist TiN barrel without the fluted chamber. They both do very well with Zero 180s FMJs or JHPs at 1.160" over around + or - 5.0 grains of N320 (velocity adjusted for your barrels).

MGs are good as are Precision Bullets BUT the PBs may not do well in the gain twist barrel, the longer/heavier ones seem to shoot better...

Mine is a fluted chamber with a gain twist in the barrel. It shoots both BBI and Precisions just fine. I agree that it does shoot the 180 BBIs better than the 170 Precisions, but I don't see the difference until I'm shooting 30 yds or more. At 100 yds off a bench the difference is readily apparent. The 180/185's are more accurate. I've never tried the 200gr bullets. Never seen the need.

Edited by SA Friday