Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hoser Cam

RAZZ

I have some extra $ lying around that my better half hasn't found yet, and I saw some footage from a hoser cam. It seemed like one of those gotta have it type things. Anyone out there have one? Are they useful for training purposes?

Give me your extra money and I'll tell you what your doing wrong. Ive seen the camera and seen footage from them. It really shows where you are actually looking. I supose that it could be a usefull training aid. Others may say that cameras are a distraction to your shooting and that you cet preocupied with setting up the camera and forget about your shooting.

IIRC, you'll need your cam to have a video-in jack to be able to record. I was thinking of getting a hosercam, unfortunately, my mini-DV and the analog cam's that my friends have doesn't have such jack as input. :( The alternative would be lugging my vcr in the range. <_<

I kinda sorta made one. I didn't have the sound working and I had to carry my camcorder in a back pack. The video is very cool, but for training purposes I think you get more out of seeing yourself filmed so you can watch for stance, recoil control, movement, reload, etc. .vs the "shooters eye view" of the hoser cam.

But like I said the video is very cool, especially to show non-shooters. So if you got money to burn......burn on!!!