Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope mount for a DPMS high rise upper?

Hello: I am going to get a 30mm diameter scope(Meopta,Burris,Millett) are the choices. I have a DPMS high rise upper and need any info on what rings/mount to use for these types of scopes to give me the 3" distance between the barrel and scope centerline. Make sense? Can you tell I am new to rifle lingo :roflol: I appreciate any info you guys can give. Thanks, Eric

I have the same upper and went with the Burris XTR, and the LaRue mount to get the scope forward for the eye relief.

Scope was too high for my stock. Ended up getting the delta stock riser to get my cheek weld height high enough for

my eye alignment. If I had not had my rilfe put together, JP barrel, VTac handguard, JP adjustable gas block and the

AR parts shortage I would of put a standard upper receiver together.

You'll be limited by the height of that rail. Check Brownell's and Midway for scope rings. With those scopes you'll probably need an extension ring that extends over the handguard to get enough eye relief.

BTW, stay away from the Millett. It is just not in the same class as the others on your list. I have one, and it is not even in the ballpark with my Meopta.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to this, but I have a 3.4-10x VariXIII mounted on a DPMS hi rise upper with just a regular weaver extension ring (I think it is a medium height) in the front and a standard ring in the back. Gets just enough space in there to work well.

Low rings are too low,and highs are too high. Medium Warnes work pretty well. I had one of the high rise uppers early on and do not have a need for another because of the mounting options being limited....I just did not care for it.