Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ACOG vs. Variable Scope

mrspock

I am just starting to shoot 3-gun (either Tactical or Open) and I need to choose an optic for my AR.. Where I live, 90% of the rifle shots are <100 yds with a rare 200 yd shot. I was looking at either a TA11 ACOG or one of the popular 1-4x variable scopes (Meopta, Burris, Valdata, et...) and would appreciate any advice on the subject..

Phil

I am just starting to shoot 3-gun (either Tactical or Open) and I need to choose an optic for my AR.. Where I live, 90% of the rifle shots are <100 yds with a rare 200 yd shot. I was looking at either a TA11 ACOG or one of the popular 1-4x variable scopes (Meopta, Burris, Valdata, et...) and would appreciate any advice on the subject..

Phil

I love my meoptra, and for less than 100 yards it pretty much stays on 1 power as a dot unless all the targets are at a distance.

Phil

I love my meoptra, and for less than 100 yards it pretty much stays on 1 power as a dot unless all the targets are at a distance.

My son has had two different acogs and the 4x32 is by far the best if you are shooting less than 100 yards. He has since gone to a var Leupold specifically because the longer shots outstretched the acog, but he has shot 300+ in some instances and the power just wasn't there.