Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RF Primer Filler 100

Baer45

I have a new Primer Filler that I designate for small primers and another for Large. With the small primer filler I am consatnly getting primers loaded backwards. It is happeneing when the "vibration" runs the primer down the tube. I have tried adjusting the vibration to improve feed to tube with out success. I have checked the tubes, caps, etc. and they are all small primer...Remington Small Pistol Primers used...

Anyone had any experience with this problem? Thanks for any input....

I have a new Primer Filler that I designate for small primers and another for Large. With the small primer filler I am consatnly getting primers loaded backwards. It is happeneing when the "vibration" runs the primer down the tube. I have tried adjusting the vibration to improve feed to tube with out success. I have checked the tubes, caps, etc. and they are all small primer...Remington Small Pistol Primers used...

Anyone had any experience with this problem? Thanks for any input....

Baer45, I feel your pain because I've been there myself. I had always wished there was a way to turn down the speed of the vibration to slow down the motion of the primers. Since there is not however, what I did was wedge a few pieces of neoprene foam between the vibratory bowl and the protctive cover. This inturn dampened the motion thereby slowing down the primers so they're not bouncing around violently as they enter the tube. Instead they drop down easily and without turning themselves upside down. You'll know if you've dampened the machine too much if the primers aren't moving at all. Play with it and you'll be able to get it to run at the speed you need. Cheers.

RH

I had always wished there was a way to turn down the speed of the vibration to slow down the motion of the primers. Since there is not however

Dillon has rheostat retrofit that will do just this, the new RF-100s come with a built in rheostat.

I fixed mine today for a total of $9.77 + tax.

You need the following

two romex connectors

1 single gang metal box

1 single gang metal switch cover

1 120v dimmer switch

1 small wire nut

Turn the machine on and let it run till it stops. DO NOT touch the toggle switch. This will save time later!!!!!

Simply cut the UNPLUGGED cable about 6" from the machine.

Connect the two white wires

Connect the three green wires

Connect each of the blacks coming off the dimmer switch to one each of the incoming and outgoing blacks in the power cord.

Close everthing up.

Plug the machine in, hit the blue button. Turn the dimmer dial all the way clockwise.

If nothing happens push the dimmer button, it should start running now.

Adjust it down till all the primers go in the correct way and believe me it is a VERY fine line between perfect and damnit.

Enjoy

Edited by mildot1

I have one of the new primer loaders and it seems to drop 'em all very consistently the right side up. It does have the rheostat adjustment on it, which I have played with some, but it still seems to get it right all the time. Perhaps they have changed some other things as well. I do notice that if a primer is going towards the drop tube upside down (or shiny side up, as the case may be) that there is a little grove or indent that drops that sucker outta there and it goes around again. I don't know how it works, but it does. I am extremely glad I got the thing and would never be without it again if I could help it!