Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

US Steel Shoot NW Regional

This years NW Regional Steel Shoot will be held at the Tri-County Gun Club in Sherwood Oregon on July 25-26. We're doing all 8 stages from the Steel Challenge. So this will be a great opportunity to warm up for the Steel Challenge if you're going. Or to be able to compare your scores to the best of the best who will be shooting in a couple weeks time. We made a few changes this year. We combined our Limited and Production divisoin into one Iron Sight Division. We also added a Revolver division. We added Revolver this year because we had several people ask for it last year. However there is not one revolver shooter signed up yet.

We also added another special event to the standard .22 Iron and .22 Optic. We're going to have a division for Carbines. Pistol caliber or .22, Optics or Iron. All the carbines will run head to head. If we get enough people registered for this we may change that as well.

I'm working on the prize table now. It will be distributed among the divisions and based on order of finish. We still working out the details on that but it will not be a random draw like last year.

Applications are up at http://www.ussteelshoot.com PM me if you have any questions.

Edited by Chuck Anderson

Tendon is doing better. The doc OK'd me to shoot this match, although I'll probably be sitting down for most of the shooting and I doubt I'll be setting any records on Outer Limits. We're both hopeful I might actually make it to Nationals this year.

You gonna make it out for this one? We need some wheelgunners.

Chuck,

Glad you're doing better. No, sorry can't make it out (Just checked plane tickets cheapest way out is 500+) and I've got family coming in the next week so I should get some stuff done before then.

Good luck with the match, take care of the tendon.

Hop

Damn Chuck I going to miss it yet again!

The Idaho State Steel Challenge (Eddy Brown Memorial Match) is in my backyard on the same dates. Since I knew Eddy well

I must honor his his memory and ring some steel. It will just be in Idaho not Oregon.

Heal up well mister!

Patrick

We just need to have more weekends in the Summer and fewer during the Winter. Or else we need a 2 day work week and a 5 day weekend. Doesn't seem like there are enough weekends to schedule things around so a guy can shoot everything he wants to.

Bill moved Eddy Brown (Idaho State Steel) out of the traditional end of June dates because it conflicted with too many matches.

I'll be at the Idaho State Steel then the NW Challenge the following weekend and the Northern Rockies Sectional the weekend after. Going to be a busy couple weeks!

Sure want to shoot the NW Regional Steel next year though!

See ya at Idaho State Pat.

• 2 weeks later...

We're still really light on registrations for this match. We're gonna hold it for sure but there may not be that many people there. That said the folks that do show up are gonna have an awesome prize table to pick from. So far we've got over $15,000.00 in prizes for our competitors, and we're adding new sponsors each day. If you are planning to come and register on match day, please just send me a PM so we can plan for lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Results are now posted at www.steelchallenge.com. They're located under the results tab.

Thanks to everyone who came. I hope everyone had fun. I know I did. It was good to get back out and throw some lead down range. And thanks to my squad for putting up with me not painting and being so dang slow between stages.