Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP FireControls

TM262

I am not an expert by any means but I believe JP makes a kit for both 223 and 308. I'm not sure what this kit is for specifically though. If Brownells can't answer your question the guys at JP will be happy to. I just order a rifle and have asked a bunch of dumb questions and Eric at JP has been very helpful and prompt replying by email. I have done some research on the install of these triggers on this forum and others have said that the in house JP installs are much better than one you can do at home or have done by a local gunsmith. I just sent in my DPMS lower for a trigger install and I upgraded the safety selector as a recommended upgrade.

If you have never used one of their triggers you are in for a pleasant suprise. I have a S&W M&P15 and it doesn't even compare to a friends JP trigger which I why my DPMS is at JP.

By the way JP estimates a 2 week turnaround time on a trigger install which I thought was great considering the AR backlogs out there right now.

Edited by Slammer

It is for the AR platform. It will work in AR-15 or AR-10 lowers with standard .154 or Colt .169 pins.

Jesse,

You should have told me, I could have done that trigger for you! Oh, well. I can do your next one, or two! :)

Mike

It is for the AR platform. It will work in AR-15 or AR-10 lowers with standard .154 or Colt .169 pins.

Jesse,

You should have told me, I could have done that trigger for you! Oh, well. I can do your next one, or two! :)

Mike

The AR15 JP kit may or may not set off 308 primers. They make a specific 308 trigger kit with a slightly heavier hammer and heavier hammer spring.

I would advise to use the 308 kit unless you are never going to feed it military surplus or Wolf ammo. Then it works alright but you have to use the factory hammer spring. Trigger pull is never going to be as good as on an AR15 in 223 due to having to use the heavier hammer spring. The light hammer spring will work.....but its not reliable.

Thanks guys,

I had one of these kits in an AR that I sold to another Forum member and it was awesome. The brownell's part description was not clear to me so I thought I would ask.

Edited by TM262

This is what you want:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=7585/Pr..._TRIGGER_SYSTEM

I have installed the AR15 JP Fire Controls in an AR10 and it did NOT consistently ignite primers in Milsurp. ammo.

Since installing the parts kit listed above, I've had zero failures to ignite milsurp. primers.

The only downside ias that the trigger pull is heavier than the AR15 kit.

Regarding installation, The first one I did in a BM lower took forever, probably had the trigger in and out 10 times. However, once properly set, it has shot many thousands of rounds without adjustment. The second I got right in about 3 trys. Long story short, the low fee and 2 week turn around from JP is worth it.