Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EzWinScore Tabbing to the Time

wgnoyes

Someone said somewhere else:

I hate using ez[win]score. I hate that I have to tab across a dozen fields just to enter the time.

Well, but you don't have to. All you need to do is read the window where you're keying in a competitors score to see a helpful hint in the lower right corner that says hit the plus-key to jump directly to the time.

post-2179-1246305347_thumb.png

So in this example, after keying in the guy's competitor number and you're placed at the textbox for his a-zone hits, just type

9 - ENTER - ENTER - 1 - PLUSKEY - 7.89 - ENTER - ENTER, and you're done. In the above example, I didn't even have to touch the TAB key.

Well, here's something I always do when I setup to score a match.

EZWS's default icon toolbar includes the USPSA Activity Report (next to the green frownie face for DQ's). I see no reason to have that instantly available, but I do frequently visit Verification List for Stats. (You do all verify your score entries, right? :surprise: )

So what I do is set the toolbar to display that instead. First, click on the little downarrow next to the Activity Report button.

post-2179-1246638845_thumb.png

Now click on the red check mark button of the Verify List for Stats button.

post-2179-1246638853_thumb.png

This pulls up the verify list window and, more importantly, also sets the toolbar icon button to this list so that it's easily accessed as the match progresses.

post-2179-1246638861_thumb.png

Can any one tell me how to buid scoring sheets in ezwin that include NPM (no penalty mikes). I've seen score sheets that include them but can't find the right way to get it done.

I create my own in powerpoint based on the format of the ezws scoresheets, which in turn were based on the nationals scoresheets in use around 2000.

Download the zip file below (don't be put off by the multigun filename; there are regular pistol match scoresheets in there as well) and look starting around slide 30 for scoresheets with no penalty mikes in them.

multigun_scoresheets.zip

Bill,

That's cool, but is there a way to do it from within Ez?

No.

I "print" to my scanner software. I copy the M column, then (insert) paste it next to the M's & call it NPM. If you would like to see examples, send email to my off Forum address - please don't PM.

LChico@msn.com

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

And I suppose I should have elaborated: I use ezws's scoresheets whenever I possibly can, only resorting to my powerpoint versions when something comes up (more than 15 targets, multigun, NPM, etc) that ezws doesn't handle.

• 1 month later...