Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Small club with a big heart

boz1911

I know this won't mean much to many people but the guys at the Cool Springs Gun Club in Roberta, Georgia probably put on the best match per labor help than any other club I've been to. Even in the sweltering heat this weekend they, as always, gave us 6 quality stages to shoot. Just a public thank you to Ricky, Chuck, Billy, Kevin and anyone else that helps. :cheers::cheers:

Edited by boz1911

I know this won't mean much to many people but the guys at the Cool Springs Gun Club in Roberta, Georgia probably put on the best match per labor help than any other club I've been to. Even in the sweltering heat this weekend they, as always, gave us 6 quality stages to shoot. Just a public thank you to Ricky, Chuck, Billy, Kevin and anyone else that helps. :cheers::cheers:

+1 This was a great match. The staff there set up six great stages and the scores came out the same day. Thanks all. :cheers::cheers:

Yeah! Ill have to get up there soon-we had our own sweltering match on Saturday in Brunswick, GA at Coastal Area Practical Shooters. Some of our regulars have been up to Cool Springs and had nothing but good things to say. It is a lot of labor. Great work guys.

Chuck, Ricky & Co. literally put on some of the best stages I get to shoot. They are the masters at inviting you to skip a target, or shoot one permaturely, or just generally get out of step and lost. They make you think while playing.

As hot as it was yesterday, it was even hotter when they were setting up on Saturday according to weather.com, but they never complain. They just keep churning out quality matches. As long as they put 'em on, I'll be there.

:bow::bow:

Ditto x 100.

It was the first place I ever shot a match. I am sorry that with our R.O. class this weekend that our usual crew was not able to make it over there. (However, I was happy that after our practical exercise portion of the R.O. class was done that I was able to go home and jump in the pool).

I am fond of telling people that shooting Cool Springs is a great place to shoot "Thinking" stages, tight shots, multiple ways to shoot a stage, etc. Nearby is the Shorter, AL club, and their club is a great place to learn to shoot moving targets of all kinds.

They are a great bunch of guys at Cool Springs.

Mark K.