Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

115gr MG CMJ in .380 ACP

High Lord Gomer

• 2 months later...

Bill did load work up some test loads using from 90 up through 115 gr in .380 using both Titegroup and something else. Not having a .380, I didn't test any, but Dewey did. I'll see if I can get some details from him about the loads and their performance.

I can't make the match this weekend nor any matches for a couple months. Doctor's orders are no weight on the left leg for at least 2 months. :(

I ran them through a Kel-Tec but I didn't really group them or chrono them. I shot them for function only. I would say that Bill loaded them a bit on the light side though. Overall length will be one of the key factors on loading the heavier bullets. Some of the ones Bill did for me were about a half of a hair too long. I would think that with the heavy bullets you could get into some pressure issues if loaded too short.

• 2 weeks later...

The second edition of Modern Reloading by Richard Lee has loads for Jacketed 115gr and amazingly 125gr for just one powder -- HP38. I don't have the book handy to give charges but I remember COAL was 0.950 and I think the 124 velocity was around 720fps. I don't think pressure info was provided though.

The second edition of Modern Reloading by Richard Lee has loads for Jacketed 115gr and amazingly 125gr for just one powder -- HP38. I don't have the book handy to give charges but I remember COAL was 0.950 and I think the 124 velocity was around 720fps. I don't think pressure info was provided though.