Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa question

heavy metal

How many members are there in uspsa for Ipsc? I found that we only have 15,000. Is this all there are? Sass has over 75,000!!! I would like to think that we had more than that. Do you know???

I think I read in front sight that there is a push to get membership over 20,000... so 15,000 might not be too far off.

The 17K USPSA number is ACTIVE/CURRENT members. The membership #s are up in the 60K range which does not account for folks that go right to Life #s or get other special numbers.

I can't say I have seen an "active" # for SASS. Not that it isn't out there, just haven't seen it.

www.uspsa.org -> select "Addtional content" then "classifiers by state" (or go directly to http://www.uspsa.org/cgi-bin/db_class_summary.cgi)

"Total number of shooters in database" is current members. The

There are actually 58,082 people who have been issued member numbers (this number is not displayed on the above page). Of that 58,082 members 35,279 have classifiers on file and 11,230 have shot a classifier since January 1, 2008.

The numbers are slightly out of date since the web page database is updated monthly - the actual count is currently hovering just under 18,000.