Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Help Please

Steve4102

I have two Witness Elite Match in 10mm. The mag for my first Elite Match works OK, but the mag for my new Elite 10mm will only allow me to load 6-7 rounds. This is supposed to be a 15 rounder. I also have two brand new 15 round 10mm EAA mags that cannot be loaded with more than 8 rounds.

I read that the Grams Spring and Follower kit will fix me right up. Only problem is, I ain't smart enough to figure out which kit I should purchase.

http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/magparts.html

Can you guys help me out with this? Which spring/follower do I need for a Witness Elite Match 10mm 15 rounders?

Thanks

Steve

I have two Witness Elite Match in 10mm. The mag for my first Elite Match works OK, but the mag for my new Elite 10mm will only allow me to load 6-7 rounds. This is supposed to be a 15 rounder. I also have two brand new 15 round 10mm EAA mags that cannot be loaded with more than 8 rounds.

I read that the Grams Spring and Follower kit will fix me right up. Only problem is, I ain't smart enough to figure out which kit I should purchase.

http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/magparts.html

Can you guys help me out with this? Which spring/follower do I need for a Witness Elite Match 10mm 15 rounders?

Thanks

Steve

Call Henning using the telephone number at the top of the page! But, I must tell you, something is wrong if your mags only hold 6-7 rounds!! :wacko:

Take them apart and take a look inside and make sure nothing is blocking the spring and follower from going down.

Steve,

check to see that the follower legs are not contacting the mag release notch (or other inspection holes) in the magtube & being caught. When my mags were new, I had to trim/round these legs on the followers. All good now.

Cheers, Ando.

Thanks, Before I posted this thread I did a little investigating on the new Elite 10mm Mag. I found some burrs on the follower. I polished them off and nothing changed. I swapped out the follower and spring from my good mag to my bad mag. The bad mag loaded fine with the good follower and spring. The good mag would not load with the bad follower and spring. So, not the tube, but the follower and spring.

I did some more swapping back and forth and gave up. I brought the mag to a gunsmith and he basically told me the follower is a POS.

I called EAA and they told me to send the mag to them for repair or replacement. That's when I figured I would just order two new mags and be done. Wrong, these two suffer from the same problems.

What I have done so far is to send the 3 bad mags off to EAA. I don't know what will come of this and at this point I don't care. I just want my 10MM to run. So, I will wait for EAA to send me the mags back and I will fill them with Gram springs and followers.

Thanks

Steve

I have found that with the stock followers if the rounds have any taper to the diamiter they will force the follower to tilt. Since the stock follower has long legs on the bottom of it, they are very sensitive to tilting as the legs get jammed into the mag body and cause friction and sticking issues. Go with the Grams follower and spring as that is a better setup and will allow you to get at least one more round in there than normal simply because the follower is that much shorter.

How's the OAL of your rounds? I loaded up a batch of 45's one night and checked them by putting a few in the mag. They fit just fine. At the match the next day I found I couldn't get more than 6-7 of them in the mag because of the OAL was just a bit too long. Doh!