Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP 2 disk table for Lee Auto Disk

Sorry, volume density not specific density.

Take the disk volume, divide it by the weight of the powder it measures. This will be the volume density. Now all you need do is multiply the VMD by any disk volume and it will give you the weight it will throw.

I am having a brain fart. What is SP 2?

A Nobelsport powder we can't get here in the US anymore. :(

A *Wonderful* Nobelsport powder for Open guns. My all-time favorite in my 9x21 guns.

I can get some by walking to my powder storage closet (for a while longer now). I stockpiled a bunch of it a while ago.

<_<

A *Wonderful* Nobelsport powder for Open guns. My all-time favorite in my 9x21 guns.

I can get some by walking to my powder storage closet (for a while longer now). I stockpiled a bunch of it a while ago.

<_<

Yes supposingly there is no better one gas pressure wise for 9 Major. Not sure if there is really no better one but there are official gas pressure measurements that give you a PF 170+ below maximum pressure for the 9 Luger. As we make major with PF 160 here you can even shoot 9 Major out of a Glock without problem.

Did not know that its not sold in the US anymore

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a list of which disk is how many grains for SP 2 with the Lee Auto Disk.

Any idea?

Thx a lot

From my experiences, the charge tables for the Lee Auto Disk are merely a starting point and it will (almost) never be right on the money. Lot -lot powder variations and atmospheric conditions will throw your charge off more than you could imagine.

If you do not want to keep tearing the dispenser apart do this little trick to get you close:

1. Weigh a charge on your scale.
  2. place disk upside-down on a flat smooth surface.
  3. pour charges into approx. holes till you find the one that fills it neatly.
  4. Hint---- start with larger holes and work your way down.

Worked for me.... YMMV

Edited by mecury

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a list of which disk is how many grains for SP 2 with the Lee Auto Disk.

Any idea?

Thx a lot

From my experiences, the charge tables for the Lee Auto Disk are merely a starting point and it will (almost) never be right on the money. Lot -lot powder variations and atmospheric conditions will throw your charge off more than you could imagine.

If you do not want to keep tearing the dispenser apart do this little trick to get you close:

Worked for me.... YMMV

Heck why do I never have the good ideas on my own .

Thx

Hi everybody,

Any idea?

Thx a lot

Worked for me.... YMMV

I"m all like, "Duh"! I've been using this measure for years and never thought of that!

<_<

Yes supposingly there is no better one gas pressure wise for 9 Major. Not sure if there is really no better one but there are official gas pressure measurements that give you a PF 170+ below maximum pressure for the 9 Luger. As we make major with PF 160 here you can even shoot 9 Major out of a Glock without problem.

That was my experience with it - very effective loads for the compensator and a non-violent recoil. My guns prefer the old power factor (175), and my preferred load is 115gr JHP running at 182 power factor. This is in custom 9x21 open handguns built by Matt McLearn.

IIRC, it was imported by Tanfolio USA initially, and then there was a short break in availability, and then Graf & Sons imported a large quantity in 1999 or 2000. I'm not sure if anyone else picked it up after that. I'm not sure if the events of 9/11 might have made import more difficult, or whether the relatively small niche market for Vectan SP2 keeps the big dealers from importing it.

<_<

That was my experience with it - very effective loads for the compensator and a non-violent recoil. My guns prefer the old power factor (175), and my preferred load is 115gr JHP running at 182 power factor. This is in custom 9x21 open handguns built by Matt McLearn.

IIRC, it was imported by Tanfolio USA initially, and then there was a short break in availability, and then Graf & Sons imported a large quantity in 1999 or 2000. I'm not sure if anyone else picked it up after that. I'm not sure if the events of 9/11 might have made import more difficult, or whether the relatively small niche market for Vectan SP2 keeps the big dealers from importing it.

I did hot loads in the old days like more than 10 years ago. SR primers gas pressure north of anything you want to know too hot to pick up and barrel gone after some 10 to 15k rounds because it was simply burned out. every other case cracked and every case with a nice belly. as strong a crimp as possible because otherwise the bullet would get pushed back out and so on.

Then I was abroad for more than 10 years and when I came back it was like wow this powder is amazing.

As 9 Major was always possible here in Europe 9x21 never got a hold. Also 38SA never became very populer. On the other hand minimum weight for 9 Major is 120 grains. So 115 ones are out of the question.

Not sure about exporting but yes importing from the US got quite restricted I guess. there are lots of shops who would not ship to europe even if the merchandise is not restricted in the US nor in Euope.