Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firearm Manufacturing

SkyScrapin

When you get to that point please post how much your attorneys fees are for your patent application. I am curious as to how much that costs as I have some ideas of my own.

Not to be discouraging but patents are pretty much only an expensive piece of paper unless there's a million dollars or more on the line. I've got a dozen through various employers and of those, maybe one or two has paid for itself.

If you just want a patent to hang on the wall, there's ways to get one for <$5K or so... You can do a lot of the work yourself these days.

When you get to that point please post how much your attorneys fees are for your patent application. I am curious as to how much that costs as I have some ideas of my own.

Not to be discouraging but patents are pretty much only an expensive piece of paper unless there's a million dollars or more on the line. I've got a dozen through various employers and of those, maybe one or two has paid for itself.

If you just want a patent to hang on the wall, there's ways to get one for <$5K or so... You can do a lot of the work yourself these days.

Very very true. You can get packets in the mail, fill them out and wait for a response. Like you said, it largely depends on what is being patented. In my case with, I would rather go through an attorney than deal with it myself. It takes one mistake to become a problem (unless you know what your doing).

Should have some names for the business here in a few weeks. I was thinking about making a poll to see what you guys thought. It is hard to finalize a name when your stuck with a few that ya like.

Preston