Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI grips

geronimo

I was just on the phone with somebody that has knows a bit about these grips. I asked him some questions.

There are 3 different metals to choose from.

There are also 3 different sized grips.

He told me that...if you like the feel of a CZ-75...then one of the grips sizes was pretty close to that. (I believe he said that corresponded to the "Signature" sized grip.)

You are right. Somebody told me the same thing. But I was wondering if there were two differents colors for this grip because the first grip shines not the second. Or maybe it's just an optical illusion...

Here is some info I got from Roy N., who wrote an article on the grips for USPSA periodical (Front Sight magazine).

Kyle,

The grips come in 3 different metals (steel, stainless steel & aluminum). They also come in 3 sizes (small, large & Signature). They come in 3 differnent textures as well (stippeled, regular and a Scott type grip).

I use the stainless steel, signature, scott type grip and I love it. It is better than my polymer scott grip. It really balances the weight better especially for strong hand and weak hand shooting.

Looking at the website, it would seem that:

Large = the size of the regular polymer grips

Signature = medium, or about the feel of the CZ-75 guns.

Small = small :)

On the two pictures from thje opening post...I can't tell that the metal is different. The grip tape looks to be different. Maybe that was just a proto-type thing. They are pretty new.