Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mississippi Classic 2009 Videos

kgunz11

Here's a link to my YouTube account where I have uploaded the videos from the Mississippi Classic 2009. It was a great match and despite the shoddy weather, I had a great time. Stage 3 was a horrible one to finish on after an all night rain on an already muddy stage, we even had one shooter fall on his last target array of the match and got himself a DQ out of it. I felt real bad for him, but it is what it is. With the JVC camera we have, I cannot edit all the stages together in Windows Movie Maker because it saves the videos in a .MOD file. I wish I had known this before I bought the camera or I would have gotten a different one. Either way, all 10 stages are there, just not in 1 clip. Nothing big planned for us until the Gator Classic in October. I'm thinking I might shoot my M&P Pro in Production Division for that one.

Any critique would be welcomed.

Bobby, just a little thing but on stage three, it would have been faster to be moving on the draw. Try to avoid static shooting on draws when there's room to move. Nice videos, I'll watch them all later when I have time.

Thanks everyone. Transitions and splits were in fact slow, but I was trying to improve my accuracy a little instead of making the speed. My epiphany from the weekend was if I let it flow, instead of forcing it, good things happen.

Bobby, just a little thing but on stage three, it would have been faster to be moving on the draw. Try to avoid static shooting on draws when there's room to move. Nice videos, I'll watch them all later when I have time.

That was my last stage of the match and I wanted all A's. It was also in a pit that was a natural low spot so it had been filled with fill dirt that resembled owl scat after an all night rain. The mud on that stage was unbelievable, with every step you could feel your shoe starting to come off your foot from the vacuum of the mud . I just wanted to finish the match without a DQ or another Mike.

Lookin' good man! I'm getting worried that your going to start somkin' me! Looked like cool stages....hopefully I see you and Susan at Cool Springs Sunday.

--Lanzo

We are planning on being there. Do I need to bring you a brass bag so you can pick up your brass? :D

Probably not. I ran myself out of bullets and primers. If I cant find some supplies quick I won't need to worry about picking up brass.

--Lanzo

At a glance.

Lower your center of gravity a good 5 inches or so and never raise it till you're done with the stage.

Draw while moving, and don't wait for gravity to get you moving.

You come into the first position way too hot. Here is where you can really see why you need a lower center of gravity. Keep your weight over your feet at all times.

Your drop-step while leaving the left hand portion of the stage didn't drop. You picked it up and set it down in the same place so it really didn't help much. An indicator of this is watching how your upper body lags behind after you push off. In those conditions (being too slippery to have a technically correct drop-step), learn to use the fault lines to accelerate by keeping your center of gravity low.

I'd also like to see the gun being extended a little earlier while coming into a position.

I'd say overall, just from minute technique changes and practice you could cut a solid 2 seconds off that same stage with the same shooting speed and hits by better executing the fundamentals of movement.

Fundamentals of movement:

1: Stay low. Twice as low as you think you should. Never stand up in the entire stage.

2: Move at the earliest possible moment you can. Fire at the earliest possible moment the bullet will impact the target.

3: Always keep your center of gravity stabilized over your feet.

4: Move as aggressively as the terrain will allow. Use props if needed and available to assist.

5: Look at where you want your feet to end up while en route. If you do this properly you will never overrun a position again.

6: STAY LOW.

Thanks everyone. Transitions and splits were in fact slow, but I was trying to improve my accuracy a little instead of making the speed. My epiphany from the weekend was if I let it flow, instead of forcing it, good things happen.

That was my last stage of the match and I wanted all A's. It was also in a pit that was a natural low spot so it had been filled with fill dirt that resembled owl scat after an all night rain. The mud on that stage was unbelievable, with every step you could feel your shoe starting to come off your foot from the vacuum of the mud . I just wanted to finish the match without a DQ or another Mike.

Unfortunately, Stage Three was set up where we have not been able to get much grass to grow. As fast as we put the seed down, it gets washed away. maybe by next year, it will be better.

Thanks for coming. I hope you enjoyed the match.

PAT

Nice videos! As for the .MOD problem, I simply renamed the extensions to .MPG for my JVC camcorder (before it broke) so that I could edit them on Adobe. Experiment with that before putting it on Windows Movie Maker, I see no reason why it wouldn't work for you too. :)

Adobe? Can you tell me more? Thanks!!!

Oh I meant the movie editor I use. I use Adobe Premiere Elements, which is the consumer version of the more complicated movie editor program, Adobe Premiere Professional. When I first got my JVC camcorder I converted the .MOD to .MPG using one the many converter programs available on the Internet. However, it's so much easier to simply change the extension and leave it at that. Yes, this short way will only support lower res movies, but considering most of us are using our camcorders for YouTube clips, it's easy enough. Although Adobe Elements isn't free, I like how easy it is to put together stages without degrading the quality. It takes me an average of 5 minutes to make a YouTube clip with it.

Thanks for the info Ma'am. I wish simply changing the extension would work in Windows Movie Maker, but it doesn't. :(

Tried to PM ya but your box is full :)

Do you have the most updated windows movie maker? I changed the extensions of a couple of .MOD files last night to .MPG, then I dragged and dropped them into Windows Movie Maker and it accepted them. They need to be on the hard drive first before you rename them. Also you need to uncheck the box next to "Hide extensions for known file types" before you try renaming anything.

Just wanted to see if it worked, I was in your shoes before and really wanted those stages to come together in YouTube.

Diana