Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass polish?

Jay6

Even when using silicone or wax based compounds such as NuFinish and other automotive/marine products I still suggest using some sort of case lube, Frankford Arsenal, Hornady One Shot, Dillon or equivilant product.

Do you use case lube with pistol brass?

Even when using silicone or wax based compounds such as NuFinish and other automotive/marine products I still suggest using some sort of case lube, Frankford Arsenal, Hornady One Shot, Dillon or equivilant product.

Do you use case lube with pistol brass?

You should give it a try. The difference it makes is just amazing. Adding wax to the tumbler media can help...but it still doesn't compare to lubricating the cases prior to resizing. Find a local source for

http://www.amazon.com/Lansinoh-Breast-Crea...e/dp/B000067DYG

Put just a tiny dab on your fingers, rub it onto the cases such that there's just a hint of film on them, and resizing will feel like there's nothing in that station.

• 3 weeks later...

Get one bottle of Lemi-Shine from the dish detergent isle of Wal-Mart.

Mix 5 tablespoons per gallon of water.

Soak brass overnight.

Dry brass.

Tumble.

It will look NEW.

As I'd guessed, Lemi-shine is an acid. I wonder if you'd get similar results just using a little vinegar?

Yes... Vinegar works too, but any acid stuff will etch the brass somewhat. I don't know how much it will weaken it, but it will do it a little. Some people also use baking soda to nuetralize to "acid" mixture afterwards... but backing soda will ALSO etch the brass. Others recommend rinsing 3 times in water to get rid of the "acid" on the brass. Me... I just tumble the stuff and don't have to go through the hassle of chemically treating it. I also recently started using NuFinish and it seems to work pretty well with corn cob media. I should try it with some untreated walnut too. Both corn cob and walnut media are available from PetSmart as "reptile" bedding.