Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good source for revo gear?

mike4045

I got a 625 pc on trade. I wanted to find out where to go to get the gear? I normally only shoot autos, but none of the stuff will x-over.

I am leaning towards a Blade Tech DOH with another CR speed belt. I may pick up a cheap kydex for IDPA, I just don't shoot it much.

I found a place for moonclips, but still will have to find one of the tools. Has anyone built one?

I will be shooting it as is for a while. Mainly because I don't anything about working on them. I'll shoot it and see if I can get used to it. I am considering shooting it at Tx Limited. A conflip between it and single stack.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Mike

Moonclip tool: Take an old golf club, preferably a lofty iron or a putter. Chop it off an inch or so past the grip, then cut 2/3 away about 1/8" down, with straight shoulders. Works every bit as good as one you buy, with a better grip.

Pics:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2443/353740...26fa84bd0_m.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3020/353740...79e10c4b2_m.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3604/353658...1beae5b03_m.jpg

I'm using a Speed-E-Rack and it's working well for me. I keep a couple of spare O-rings in my shooting kit for it, just in case.

If you're looking for Blade-Tech and CRSpeed products, I've always had great dealings with Shooter's Connection. Blade-Tech often has delays shipping products directly and Chuck keeps a lot of the popular models in stock. He also sells North Mountain moonclip holders.

If you want a fiber optic front sight, Protocol Design has .100" width available (if you like thinner blades). The SDM super sights are good choices too. Millett rear sights are available from lots of places, like Brownells.

I'm using TK moonclips that I bought from Brownells along with one of their demooner tools. For clipping up my moonclips, I just put the round on a bench and push the clip down onto it, repeat 5 times and move on to the next. Clipping up 300 rounds of ammo for a match takes about 20 minutes.

If you want to shoot IDPA with your 625 PC, hopefully it has a 4" barrel. IDPA doesn't allow longer barrels for revolvers.

Shooter's Connection also carries the North Mountain moonclip holder, which is what just about everyone who isn't using a speed-e-rack is using. You can add one onto your order when you get your DOH and CR Speed belt.

Ranch Products is the best source for 625 moons. If you go to there website, there's a phone number, then when you call there's a machine that'll give you another number to call. They send you what you want with an invoice and then you send them a check.

I got my moonclip tool here on the forum (it's the Brownells one), but Dillon is now selling a mooner/demooner that's getting pretty good reviews here on the forum.

Oh yeah, and "Welcome to the REVOlution!"