Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1989 625 5 inch

will227457

i have a chance to buy a 1989 625 5in barrel,

gun is in excellent condition id say 95% what is a good price for this I would like to make the seller a fair offer...

I would also like to use this in IDPA how much trouble is it to cut it down to size?

I'm no expert, but I would think it would be easier to replace the barrel. Cutting it down would create issues with the front sight. I think you can find barrels for under 150. I've never done it myself.

gun is in excellent condition id say 95% what is a good price for this I would like to make the seller a fair offer...

I would also like to use this in IDPA how much trouble is it to cut it down to size?

There would be several people that would trade their 4" for your 5" gun.

what would a fair price for this gun be....

I always do a search on GunBroker to check pricing. This morning, the lowest price is $650, and it has over 4 days left on the auction. Looks like they're going for around $700 or a little higher these days. Sure will be nice when Smith decides to start making them again :rolleyes: .

I bought a 5" 1988 modely recently for $705 plus shipping. PLEASE don't cut it down to a 4" though; those are hard enough to find the way it is :( I'm betting that you can buy the 5" gun, and trade it for a 4" gun plus some money. When you're done, send it to Carmoney for the slickest trigger job you've ever felt on a revolver!

Good luck,

Chuck

I kinda know the guy and he inhereted a huge collection from his dad who has now passed, he has been selling LNIB and some NIB guns to the local gun store for less than book....I threw out a lowball offer..Ill keep you posted on the sale...

I kinda know the guy and he inhereted a huge collection from his dad who has now passed, he has been selling LNIB and some NIB guns to the local gun store for less than book....I threw out a lowball offer..Ill keep you posted on the sale...

Good luck with the offer. I just sold one here on the forum to another forum member FTF for $680 i was asking $715 shipped. Seems to be the ball park they are going for. I would also agree that you would be able to do a trade for a 4 " vs rebarreling.

Ok i just heard back from the seller, looks like I will be doiing the PPT this tuesday coming up!!!!

here is the best part about the whole thing....my lowball offer was accepted....... :devil:

On inspection of the gun it looks to be in almost new condition, it comes out of a large collection and has rarely been shot, many of the guns in this collection are in never fired condition.......

I bought a 5" 1988 modely recently for $705 plus shipping. PLEASE don't cut it down to a 4" though; those are hard enough to find the way it is :( I'm betting that you can buy the 5" gun, and trade it for a 4" gun plus some money. When you're done, send it to Carmoney for the slickest trigger job you've ever felt on a revolver!

Good luck,

Chuck

with the money I am saving on the purchase of the gun I should plenty left over for trigger work......how do I find this Carmony guy is hterea website? I also have a model 19 that I might like to get worked on....

When you're done, send it to Carmoney for the slickest trigger job you've ever felt on a revolver!

Thanks Chuck for the very nice referral!

To answer your question, Will227457, information about my action work is available on the Carmonize! forum. Click here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=192 And feel free to drop me a line if any questions arise.

Edited by Carmoney

When you're done, send it to Carmoney for the slickest trigger job you've ever felt on a revolver!

Thanks Chuck for the very nice referral!

To answer your question, Will227457, information about my action work is available on the Carmonize! forum. Click here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=192 And feel free to drop me a line if any questions arise.

Like a shark smelling blood.

well I did ithe DROS yesterday....Living in the state of CA i get to wait ten days before I can bring her home....I took some pics and will post if I can later It really is a great gun....model of 1989 5in....handles and shoots beautifully....