Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 17 RTF on the way

Lars

I tried out a G22 RTF at a local shop. I was surprised how "grippy" it was, because it sure doesn't look like anything special. I'm still undecided on the new cocking serration pattern, I guess it will grow on you. If I might ask, are they going for the same price as a standard G17?

I pre-ordered mine from Glockmeister for $479 and got the message it was in Wed. But I didn't call back till noon on Thurs. and now I've gotta wait for delivery on Mon.

It's gonna be a long weekend... <_<

Already have XS Big Dots, SS guide rod, Fulcrum trigger, Arredondo pads, and extended controls waiting for it.

Crap- it does deserve a new holster, doesn't it??? :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine last night. I haven't had much tine to play with it. I sure like the new grip, not a big fan of the slide. Oh well if I wanted a pretty gun I would not have bought a Glock. I'm going to Shoot a GSSF match with it and my G26 in a couple of weeks. We'll see how it does. I do like the feeling of taking a new Glock to a match and having no worries about it functioning. :)

I got mine last night. I haven't had much tine to play with it. I sure like the new grip, not a big fan of the slide. Oh well if I wanted a pretty gun I would not have bought a Glock. I'm going to Shoot a GSSF match with it and my G26 in a couple of weeks. We'll see how it does. I do like the feeling of taking a new Glock to a match and having no worries about it functioning. :)

Just bought one from Gunbroker for $490.00 shipped. The G17 RTF that is. Pretty good price.

I pre-ordered mine from Glockmeister for $479 and got the message it was in Wed.

This is off topic but I must say that you guys are lucky. There is not a single dealer in my area that will do a transfer on any new gun if it's something they can get and sell to you.

This is off topic but I must say that you guys are lucky. There is not a single dealer in my area that will do a transfer on any new gun if it's something they can get and sell to you.

You could also check if a pawn shop in your area would be willing to do the transfer for you. The other option that I can think of is checking with a local gunsmith; they usually have an FFL and, I would assume that for a small fee, they would be more than happy to help.

Is there any reason that a G17 RTF would not be legal for production division? It is still just a regular old G17 right, or do they need to produce 2000 with the new frame and have it blessed by USPSA? Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I did a search and didn't come up with an answer.