Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Dragoncat (should be called DREAMCAT!)

ironb

Did you get the 9 major or 38S/C?

9 major. (much easier to find brass!)

That's right! :cheers:

I'm thinking of getting the same build now. But I do like the look of the Razorcat too. Will see... still trying to make funds anyway. I only have the frame for now. :)

hello guys,

Just to answer your Questions I'll try to put it in as short and brief as possible.. explainations- the 6 V ports holes on the barrel -controls the swirling of the gun, the 4 expansion chambers controls the recoils and tamed the gun ( makes the gun shoot softer) and the 4 holes in the front is actually the exhaust ports from the turbo undergas bypass system. which controls the muzzle down..How the turbo works-the first expansion chamber has a gas tunnel entry underneath the comp bypassing all 3 expansion chambers and going out as a jet thru the 4 holes in the side front of the comp.and the 1/8 extension in front is for me to visibly look into the concentricity of the holes thru the barrel using a concentric barrel comp tool the concentricity of the barrel and comp affects a lot of your accuracy...hehehhe its not just for looks.but hell..it looks good anyway..hehehe.and integrating the slide by cutting back the slide will give you a shorty fast cycling gun without the kick like a mule feeling and more barrel thread length which will guarantee that your compensator will stay put and never come loose or turn on you even if you shoot it as hot as hell ..1-1/4" length of thread..everything you see in that gun has a purpose...and as tested and chronoed this system only drops 20ft per second against a non hybrid no holes 3 port comp.. This 9mm gun I chronoed 169 PF using Montana gold 124 JHP, 7.8 ramshot silhouette..Small rifle primers, OAl 1.170..any questions please feel free to email me or post..Hope this help ...thank you

I don't mean to question the magic, because LimCats run! I'm just curious about the physics of this.

post-11346-1241472745_thumb.jpg

Please refer to edited image for the following:

1. How does having ports (8) before the main exhaust/expansion chamber affect recoil control, and how does it affect your load? Do you have to load (too much) hotter to make it feel different? Are these ports necessary?

2. How does integrating the Comp into the barrel by cutting back a 5" slide like that affect the feel of the gun? Does it fee faster? Does it make it feel like a shorty? What is the advantage other than simply slapping the comp on the end of the barrel/slide?

3. These ports look like they are raised (outward) to increase the volume of the last chamber, does this more effectively vector gasses out, how does this affect recoil/recoil control and stability? Does it straighten the dot tracking?

4. What is the function of that (looks like 1/8") of barrel at the end of the comp? Does it contain the gasses for longer? What does that do?

Not to pick apart the gun, because i'm not a physicist or a mechanical/exhaust engineer or technician. I'm just curious. How do these things affect the shooting and handling of the gun?

Thanks. (please move if this isn't the right place for this?)

Johnny does such great work - it's a piece of art! I've been shooting Johnny's guns both open and limted for almost 12 years now. I own one of his standard shorty open guns (see attached) and the same setup but with a full sized slide. I prefer the full sized version because it's flatter.

This is my take on your ports questions:

With all the (6) hybri-ports in the barrel, 6 side ports and the 4 main vertical ports in the comp, loads probably need to be pretty hot to make them functional to a certain extent but I assume the last few vertical ports and the 4 last side ports are not that effective and are more for show than for use. Plus, since this is a 9 major you're limited in the amount of powder you can drop to create enough gas pressure for all the ports.

As far as the comp being integrated into the slide, this is a shorty open and probably there's no advantage over a standard shorty. That extra material surrounding the guide rod in the front isn't enough weight to make a difference.

post-19185-1241493187.jpg

post-19185-1241493999_thumb.jpg

post-19185-1241494025_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alphacat

I wasn't planning on using this pretty new Limcat gun I just got in the match tomorrow...however, after taking this little beast to the range today, I don't think I have a choice. Nor do I think I can ever shoot another gun for that matter. This Limcat is incredible. Perfect trigger, no muzzle flip at all - the red dot doesnt leave the scope when you shoot. WOW!!! My poor STI grandmaster...she'll be collecting dust.

Beautiful. How do you get one of those?

Beautiful. How do you get one of those?

visit his website, it has all his contact info: www.limcat.com

He's a really good guy and stands behind his work. One of the guys at the match this past weekend (Jerry something), saw my gun, and told me a few issues he was having with his limcat mag pouch. He said Johnny sent him a whole bunch of spares incase he continued to have issues.

I can't say enough good things about my dealings with Johnny. He's just an all-around good guy. When I fly up to Reno, I'll have to take him out to lunch! :)

Awesome! Thanks Johnny, that really helps cure my curiosity. Lol. I've never seen a Limcat choke, and of the few that i've shot, they've been extremely soft and easy to handle, so you must be doin something right! haha. I'm really intrigued by the design, its unlike most all of the other comp/barrel/slide styles out there. Seems to be extremely effective, and it looks rad in red and chrome haha.

And welcome to the forums :cheers:

Thanks for the explanation!