Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Altitude and humididty change with Tite Group?

Hello: I normally shoot in Corpus Christi which is 80% humidity and 90 degrees. I will be moving to Albuquerque that is 75 degrees and 10% humidity. I am thinking that Tite Group in my 9mm minor load will actually go faster in New Mexico? Corpus is also at sea level where Albuquerque is 5000 feet or so. Let me know so I can load some up for the High Desert Classic. I do know that Tite Group makes the bullet go slower in colder weather. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I normally shoot in Corpus Christi which is 80% humidity and 90 degrees. I will be moving to Albuquerque that is 75 degrees and 10% humidity. I am thinking that Tite Group in my 9mm minor load will actually go faster in New Mexico? Corpus is also at sea level where Albuquerque is 5000 feet or so. Let me know so I can load some up for the High Desert Classic. I do know that Tite Group makes the bullet go slower in colder weather. Thanks, Eric

I have always found that the higher you get the faster it seems like you are going..... YMMV....

Hello: So I guess it is a wash then? Load the same as I do here. Thanks, Eric

Yes. The only effect you'll see is reduced aerodynamic drag from the lower air density (approx 80% of sea level at 5,000 ft). Makes the bullet appear to have a higher BC. Speed of sound is also slower.