Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I need help picking a new rig, Sage's and Old Dogs step inside

RichieRich3902

I just picked up a true competition pistol an STI, I've been competing in Production, with some inexpensive gear and I want to go to limited with this new pistol. I'm looking for the whole deal; holster, magazine holsters/pouch, belt. I've been looking around and so far the best deal around (that I can find) is the combo packages at the ISPC store, but I don't think I need all of those magazine carriers. I'm left-handed as well so that seems to narrow my holster needs to what's available. I'm not at all opposed to used gear either, but I haven't found much in the classifieds and I don't have enough posts to create an WTB ad anyway.

I think that the most important part in the rig is the belt, get a CR Speed. Then get a Blade-Tec DOH holster and your desired amount of CR or Safariland mag pouches. You can get all of that stuff from shooters connection for a reasonable price.

Being left-handed myself, the first CR pouch on my belt, always "unscrews" itself when I lean over. The Safariland pouches use 2 screws for adjustment and are more secure.

Regarding mag pouches(I won't go into the holsters discussion), I've used Safariland 773, Ribas, Cr-Speed, and Limcat. I find the simple Cr-Speed to be most suitable.

Belt? Definitely Cr-Speed, as Splashdown said, they set the standard.

I appreciate all of the advice in this thread. I finally sat down and ordered this rig from CR Speed WSM II Rig. I found it for a better price from one of our forum sponsor dealers, Shooters Connection, I hope it will arrive on Tuesday or before so I can take it to practice night at my club. If anyone has some tips for this rig I'd appreciate it.