Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

J-Point Sight Mount

sam sanfilippo

Has anyone ever put a J-Point sight on a Glock? I had trouble with the mount. The Glock rear sight dovetail is cut tight in the middle and loose at each end. The J-Point mount has a dovetail key that is made intentionally undersized and then tightened with a single set screw in the middle. No matter how much I tightened it, the mount still wriggled from side to side. To make matters worse, tightening the set screw also makes the sight base lift off the slide. If you press on it with your finger, it also wriggles vertically. I also tried a mount made by Aristocrat. This mount looks rock solid, but for some reason my groups got bigger when I was using it. I don't know why. The sight looks like it might be good. Is there a better mount for it?

Has anyone ever put a J-Point sight on a Glock? I had trouble with the mount. The Glock rear sight dovetail is cut tight in the middle and loose at each end. The J-Point mount has a dovetail key that is made intentionally undersized and then tightened with a single set screw in the middle. No matter how much I tightened it, the mount still wriggled from side to side. To make matters worse, tightening the set screw also makes the sight base lift off the slide. If you press on it with your finger, it also wriggles vertically. I also tried a mount made by Aristocrat. This mount looks rock solid, but for some reason my groups got bigger when I was using it. I don't know why. The sight looks like it might be good. Is there a better mount for it?

I have not mounted a JPoint but had a Docter sight on my Glock 17 for a time. I used a EGW mount and it was very tight in the dovetail. It was rock solid and the only thing that opened up my groups was me shooting. You might want to give the EGW a try. The Docter mount does not fit the JPoint sight but the dovetail should measure the same.

John

Did you order the mount for the Glock dovetail? Was the sight cut in slide the a std. glock dove tail or was it for an aftermarket sight? Check the Dim's and compare with spec's.

Like all have said, mine fits tight all through on a 1911 and has two set screws.

MDA