Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone using Novak adjustable with their M&P 9 Pro

longrange2

I just picked up a new M&P 9 Pro and want to install a good rear sight. I would like to try the Novak adjustable. Anyone using that sight on their 9 Pro? Did installation require any machine work? What height and width front sight are you using? If I don't go with this sight I will probably use a Heinie slant pro, I have had good luck with that sight on my G22.

Dawson makes both adjustable and fixed rears for the M&P that are nice. Warren, 10-8 and Dan Burwell all make nice fixed rears for the M&P as well. Personally, I don't see any real difference in sight picture with any of those (save the Warren) compared with the stock rear. I left the factory rear on mine and put a Dawson FO .100x.180" front on mine and it's a nice combination. For a duty gun I could see swapping the rear for a model that you could use to hook on your belt to rack the slide, but that's about it. R,

Edit to add: Guess I didn't look carefully enough but as Ken pointed out, Novak is offering their adjustable now.

Edited by G-ManBart

Novak started making the M&P rear adjustable a few months ago and we have those in stock, although they're not on the website right now. I prefer the sight picture of the Dawson Target adjustable and that's what I'm running on my M&P right now along with their .100 X .265 Optic front. No machine work is required, it's a direct replacement. Use their .265 tall front and it's ready. Btw, we have that Dawson rear in the Target and Optic versions.

• 1 month later...

I have 2 Pro 9's, one with the adjustable Novak and one with the adjustable Dawson. The Dawson is screw adjustable for both elevation and windage while the Novak is screw adjustable for elevation but you have to move the entire sight for windage.