Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A few good ones!

Migs

Here are a few of my favorites: -Migs

"If youth knew; if age could." Sigmund Freud

"Sometimes we forget that the world itself is paradise." Douglas Coupland, 'Microserfs'

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite" - William Blake

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same." Carlos Castaneda

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Picasso"

"I am allergic to all things too complicated" crabfu

“nothing is good or bad as thinking makes it so” - Shakespeare’s character Hamlet

"The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning" Bruce Lee - Jeet Kune Do

"The only problem with seeing too much is that it makes you insane." -- Phaedrus

"Always be the only person who can sign your checks."  Tina Fey quoting Oprah

"To thine own self be true." Hamlet - Polonius to his son, Laertes

"When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks into you."    Friedrich Nietzsche

"In order to learn the most important lessons of life, one must each day surmount a fear."     Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armor. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time.”   Frank Miller

"He who wishes to be obeyed must know how to command." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies."- Voltaire (attributed), when asked by a priest to renounce Satan

"Is someone hurt?"-Robert F. Kennedy, to his wife directly after he was shot and seconds before he fell into a coma.

"Die, my dear? Why that's the last thing I'll do!"-Groucho Marx

"Truth to your own spirit" - Jim Morrison's epitaph

"Since the day of my birth, my death began its walk. It is walking towards me, without hurrying."-Jean Cocteau

"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."- David Lee Roth

"One single grateful thought raised to heaven is the most perfect prayer. " G. E. Lessing

“How much of human life is lost in waiting.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When a man goes on a date, he wonders if he is going to get lucky. A woman already knows." -Frederike Ryder

"The most glorious moments in your life are not the so-called days of success, but rather those days when out of dejection and despair you feel rise in you a challenge to life, and the promise of future accomplishments." Gustave Flaubert (1821-1880) French novelist.

• 1 month later...
I like that first one ...... "If youth knew; if age could." Sigmund Freud

Reminds me of one of my favorite sayings ....... "Youth is wasted on the young." - unknown

Yeah, that is one of my favorites. I try and tell my 14 yr old to listen to my 48 yr old advice. Maybe some will stick. ... no one learns off someone else's experience...

-Migs