Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I’m still in line to get Hornady’s EZeject kit.

I’m still in line to get Hornady’s EZeject kit.

The 8 shell plates that I sent to Hornady on 3/20/09 were returned to me, retrofitted for the EZeject, yesterday, 4/14/09. Each in a real nice plastic container of its own - even had the Shell Plate Number on the case.

But there was no EZeject kit. So, I called to see why. I wondered if they had forgotten me.

I talked to Jennifer. She asked if my press’s SN was below 7000, I said “yes”.

She said there was a list of folks getting the kit and proceeded to look for my name on it.

She found my name, I’m on the list, so, I’ll just have to be patient – She said they were on “Backorder” and couldn’t give me an ETA.

Well, with the return of my shell plates I think can again use my “old” LnL – I read somewhere that the retrofitted shell plates still work on a non-EZeject LnL press.

We’ll see.

Hack

I just ordered my retro fit kit today. I was told 4-6 weeks for the shell plates. Didn't think to ask about the kit. i was told they would send it out. Didn't sound like it was out of stock. Oh well guess I'm on the list also.

Someone on another Forum told me they were sending out 150 kits next week. I hope I'm in that number.

Hack

PS - As I was told, I now know that they do work on the wire subplate

Edited by Hack

Sub 7000 S/N's had a different subplate which had to be changed out to use a case feeder. HERE There were also a couple minor changes at S/N 10,000 and up but nothing huge. The only one I can remember is the spring on the powder drop was changed and shortened. It runs in my mind that the pre 7K press/sub plate has something different about the way it attaches to the press but it's been a while since I researched it.

Sub 7000 S/N's had a different subplate which had to be changed out to use a case feeder. HERE There were also a couple minor changes at S/N 10,000 and up but nothing huge. The only one I can remember is the spring on the powder drop was changed and shortened. It runs in my mind that the pre 7K press/sub plate has something different about the way it attaches to the press but it's been a while since I researched it.
Yes, and the sub 7000 were made for the case feeder.

I called them back a moment ago (Fri, Apr 17) and talked to "Bob". I discovered that I am #65 on the list, with 110 kits shipping out next week.

Maybe it won't be long now.

I reminded Bob my LnL's S/N is 13XXX. Bob said I got the right kit, because the price I am being charged is $29.99 (the other is $59.99). I guess LnLs under 7000 have to get the more expensive kit.

Hack

• 2 weeks later...
Hack, have you received your subplate yet? The reason I ask is you stated you were #65 on the list and I believe I ordered mine before you and I didn't get mine yet.

No, I'm still waiting, too.

hack

Hack, have you received your subplate yet? The reason I ask is you stated you were #65 on the list and I believe I ordered mine before you and I didn't get mine yet.

hack

Just received my subplate today and just installed it. Haven't tried reloading with it yet, but did cycle some empty brass and some loaded rounds (.223). It's alot better than snagging on the spring ejector and having some go flying across the room.

hack

Just received my subplate today and just installed it. Haven't tried reloading with it yet, but did cycle some empty brass and some loaded rounds (.223). It's alot better than snagging on the spring ejector and having some go flying across the room.

Not go flying across the room - that sounds good, I'm still waiting.

Hack