Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Windmill Techniques

Guest Larry Cazes

Guest Larry Cazes

At yesterday's match our club unveiled a new prop, a 4 target windmill with a no shoot in the center. Please share what techniques work for shooting this array. This is my first time shooting this prop and I tried to double tap each target. I was able to double the first but missed the transition to the second which messed up my timing. After the first target I reverted to the obvious but painfully slow method of holding to one position and shooting one shot into each target as each came into my sights. I was able to put 2 shots into each with the worst being Cs but dropped alot of time. Some shooters attempted to chase the spinning targets instead of holding to one position and waiting but this was disastrous!

Larry

I haven't shot the 4 target version, but we a two target version. The first time I saw it, (FL Open) I didn't think it could be "tracked" and I shot one round at a time. But having shot it many times since, "tracking" it is the only way to go. Depending on the distance it isn't as tough as it looks.