Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine loader wanted

open17

Wife is switching from Glock to a Single Stack 9mm Colt. Wants a magazine loader.

Using Wilson ETM's. She is familiar with the Glock factory loader. Who makes a

similar one for single stack mags?

I hear good things about the Maglula Uplula

Yeah, I have a uplula and it's the best thing "since sliced bread." it will totally save your thumbs. I can load a 20 round mag in under 30 seconds.

I bought that loadder then found out it did not work with UZI magazines. I even asked the guy at the table if it would work before I bought it.

It does work well on SS magazines (45,9mm,38 stupid) and my STI 40 magazines. You need a table around to load the magazines, using this tool. For the most part it just sits in my range bag.

I bought that loadder then found out it did not work with UZI magazines. I even asked the guy at the table if it would work before I bought it.

It does work well on SS magazines (45,9mm,38 stupid) and my STI 40 magazines. You need a table around to load the magazines, using this tool. For the most part it just sits in my range bag.

Table is optional - I just put the mag against my sternum or gut (those who know me will vouch for my somewhat less than rock hard abs) and it works fine. I really like having one loader for all my guns.

Yeah, I have a uplula and it's the best thing "since sliced bread." it will totally save your thumbs. I can load a 20 round mag in under 30 seconds.

Can the uplula be used on 2011/double stack mags too? If so where would one get such a miraculous paw saving device? :blush:

I have had two UPLULAs (one for the wife) for over a year now. I have tried it on more than a dozen different magazine types, and the only thing it wouldn't work on is a Luger magazine; the angle of the cartridges is too steep. This is a very good product, one that works better (IMO) than the fixed Glock-type loaders

However, I've noticed that mine (which gets used a lot more than the wife's) is starting to "drag" a bit. The tongue is sprung to slide back out from under the just-loaded cartridge when your thumb releases the pressure. On my HK USP Compact .45 and HK45 magazines, the tongue now sticks in the depressed position much of the time and must be popped out so loading can continue. This is very annoying and disruptive. At an IDPA match the other day, the loader began doing the same thing with my P7 magazines, to the point I just dropped the UPLULA and loaded the magazines the old-fashioned way; and P7 magazines are NOT thumb-friendly...

The UPLULA has a provision for locking it in the "closed" position, for easier storage I assume. I kept mine closed when not using it. Whether or not this caused the spring to weaken, or the spring was just made from cheap wire, etc., I don't know.

Keep in mind that much of this is my observations/assumptions. I THINK the spring is the culprit, but could be wrong. I've been putting off examining the thing in detail to try to determine the cause and cure; now I need to get off my butt and do that.

I will say this; the UPLULA is enough of a labor-saving device that I will gladly cough up thirty bucks for another one, without hesitation.

Can the uplula be used on 2011/double stack mags too? If so where would one get such a miraculous paw saving device? :blush:

Yes. I use it to load both my .38 Super Open and .40 Limited mags. It really helps with the 29th and 21st respectively.