Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 cal Glock brass

I presently reload 9mm and 40 cal and will start reloading 45 soone. I presently use the EGW undersize reloading die for my 40 brass to deal with the Glock bulge. I did not see an equivalent EGW undersize die for 45 cal. Is this because it is not needed in that there is little or no Glock bulge problem with 45 Cal.

Thanks

Good question. I use a U-die when reloading .40, but have never needed one for .45. I occasionally squad w/ a guy shooting a G21 so I'm sure some of our brass has gotten mixed up, but never had any problems. And I use a case gage too.

I only use the undersize die with .40 brass. Without it I get a lot of case gauge failures. If .45 or 9mm don't make the gauge check with the regular die- they get scrapped and it doesn't happen often. And FYI- most of my guns are Glocks and I use mixed brass- my own and other's.

Edited by lugnut

Since I have 2 .45 Glocks and 4 .45 XD45's as well as a very fussy Springfield 1911 I use a Lee undersize die as a routine part of reloading. The last FTF was a split case during seating when I figured I no longer needed to case guage.