Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New "Omega" trigger variant

Carlos

Found this on another site (link at bottom):

cz4.jpg

omegamech1.jpg

Looks like they did away with the internal sear/ejector "cage" or block used in most 75s over the past 34 years. Ejector is mounted to the frame now - like the 1911.

Even though 75s are made by over a dozen companies, so far only CZ is offering this new variant.

Here's the link:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&...=37&t=73997

its an interesting system..it is in the new P07 that was just released..

it does away with a few small parts..but the disconnector, firing pin block lever sear arrangement are totally different.

it appears the only parts in the system common to the 75B are the trigger, trigger spring and hammer spring and hammer strut.

the other main advantage to the system is that it allows the for the interchanging a manual safety and decocker...shooters choice.

sent an email to Amidon about the 75B omega and he said it would need to be approved for Production division.

Have not tried one yet. Too new to pass judgement on longevity or advantage over traditional 75 design.

But, just speculating: it would seem to lower production costs and probably improve durability/consistency.

The traditional 75 sear "cage" can move around slightly inside the frame; my TS/Standard IPSC came from the factory with two springs in the back of that cage to keep the block in place (and maintain that 1.75 Lb factory trigger).

The Omega should accomplish the same thing (sear consistency) without the need for springs.

Looks promising.

We have 4 or 5 at the shop. On quick brief inspection, the internal parts seem slightly "cheaper" construction than a regular 75 series gun (meaning FP block lever etc seem to be stamped and the sear seems thinner in crucial areas as well) The beavertail is upsweapt, extended mag release etc, but the fronstrap on the frame is very square and not as nice feeling in the hand in my opinion. Trigger is SA is much nicer than a run of the mill 75b but the DA is actually worse, heavy and stacks hard at the end. The hammer does look like a shadow hammer and maybe if you have a Omega hammer and taditional 75b sear it would be pretty decent.

I'd like to see the internal parts outside of the frame as well as look at how they move and engage. From seeing the photos above it almost looks like the parts for a Sig.

Chris

Here is a great look at the trigger system.

the new P07 and the 75B Omega both use this trigger setup.

Omega trigger system

I've got one ordered and will be here in a day or two. I'm looking forward to see how it will stack up against my well broken in 75B and my SP-01. I hope that my 85 Combat trigger will work in it. I HATE those recurved triggers. I haven't held an Omega in my hand, but I'm hoping the grip (with the aluminum grips) will be more like a large frame Tanfoglio with the thin Henning grips.

I got the 75 Omega on friday..immediately stuck a 15lb hammer spring in it (with 1 or two coils cut off). The SA pull is really light but with a longer than a regular 75 reset. I really notice the FPB action..the spring being compressed adds a "squishy" feel to the trigger. Double action is smooth , but kind of heavy. The trigger looks to be a modified version of the regular black 75 trigger, with a solid center and a notch milled in the side for the trigger bar (but I haven't gotten it out yet). The grip is slightly larger thanks to the flatter from strap. I've got to pick up a set of aluminum grips from Matt Mink..I think that'll make the gun feel awesome in the hand. I ran about 20 rounds through it, and really had to focus to not put the shots up and to the left. I'm not a fan of the black curved trigger.....I've got to cut the hammer hook a little and then mod the FPB to release a little earlier. Should be incredible then, if I don't *F* something up.

I've got one ordered and will be here in a day or two. I'm looking forward to see how it will stack up against my well broken in 75B and my SP-01. I hope that my 85 Combat trigger will work in it. I HATE those recurved triggers. I haven't held an Omega in my hand, but I'm hoping the grip (with the aluminum grips) will be more like a large frame Tanfoglio with the thin Henning grips.

the trigger bar is one-sided..so the yes..the trigger is different..there is a different setup also on the hammer..the DAconnector is fit to the side of the hammer, not the center..

the FPB lever is also integral in the trigger system..it is between the trigger bar and the sear. not side by side as in a std 75B/SP01

from the photos I have seen it looks like the reset point could be modified..but I don't have one in front of me to tell for sure.

I notice that block spring too..it feel like you reach where the sear will release and then you have all that spring to pull through.

be interesting to see how that trigger system cleans up..look forward to hear your experiences.

Well, I did a real quick chop on the hammer hook. It cut the SA stroke about 25%, and I didn't have to alter the FPB either. ..the DA is SMOOOOOOTH after I took a stone to some surfaces. I think that there is more leverage in the hammer than in a regular 75. A cut 15lb spring seems to have more snap than it should in the Omega.

the trigger bar is one-sided..so the yes..the trigger is different..there is a different setup also on the hammer..the DAconnector is fit to the side of the hammer, not the center..

the FPB lever is also integral in the trigger system..it is between the trigger bar and the sear. not side by side as in a std 75B/SP01

from the photos I have seen it looks like the reset point could be modified..but I don't have one in front of me to tell for sure.

I notice that block spring too..it feel like you reach where the sear will release and then you have all that spring to pull through.

be interesting to see how that trigger system cleans up..look forward to hear your experiences.